Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

13 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Jack back in the middle for me. Multiple sides have started marking him out of games on the left and its so frustrating to watch. He’ll just drift and do as he likes anyway but that was such a waste on Sunday seeing him out there. Had to replace Ramsey for me ; would have had more joy.

I would like to see us head in that direction. 

I think Jack will be able to influence the game more. I'd like to see someone with lightning pace come in on the wing.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think a top AM would make a world of difference. Look how good we looked when Barkley has played well. 

Priority number 1 for me. 

Or Jack becomes that guy and we sign a top class winger. 

Think it's much easier to find a top class winger than an AM. Also wouldn't want Jack pigeon-holed to 1 position where teams can base their entire gameplan on stopping him there.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, thabucks said:

It’s a shame Silas Wamangituka is currently out till November with an ACL injury as he looks like exactly what we need for RW/WF... 

With the BS clickbait headlines this morning of war chests https://tbrfootball.com/aston-villa-reportedly-to-have-260m-transfer-budget-to-spend-on-new-signings/

Bring on the wild speculation! 

It's the year of the big spend.

As Smith said the first is your survival, the second is the establishment and the third is the big competitive one.

Some thing like that should be pulled out if we're to float our boat and set sails for Europe.

2 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Mackenzie needs to unearth a gem or two. The next Sadio Mane type playing somewhere obscure in Austria or something. We have to smash this transfer window. I want to see Jack achieve something big with us

Jack stays fit, and we have a similar smashing window as we did last summer, and we're doing big things next season. Covid messed up our rhythm this year, we were one of the best sides in the division, playing the best football. Our lack of squad depth hurt us.

• Like 2

120 to 150 million is my hope. That gets you 4 top players.

We will be down to 18 or so 1st team players at the end of the season.

Berkley, klacnic, Taylor,samatta, elmo, (trez injured for 8 to 12 months) Heaton probably gone, question marks over engels, guilbert possibly requesting a move.

So worst case we have lost 9 of our 23 man squad. 

4 top ( not the very top) players, 2 or 3 unknown quantities and hopefully promoting 2 or 3 of our u23 players ( who are all 21 or under so won't count ain the 25 man squad).

So that's a keeper moving up from youth/ u23

Chuck I think most people agree should play cup games and get some minutes here and there

Then you have 2 or 3 others knocking on the 1st team squad door.

We can't however afford to get a couple who need a season to adjust unless they are not expected to start.

Exciting times, just don't burst our optimistic bubble by having another jota as our first signing.

25 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

The £260m speculation is odd. Surely there's no way we're spending anyhwhere near that. FFP alone wouldn't allow it. 

I think it is probably crossed wires, that figure happens to be almost the exact amount we have spent since coming up on transfers.

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

There's a chance you know, because of holidays and euros and all sorts of things, that we may have already signed Haaland.

Is the chance 0.01%?

I’m on board the ‘moving Grealish back into the middle’ train. 

He’d be world class whatever position he plays, but moving him into that no.10 role will allow us to control games now from the middle of the pitch and he won’t be as easily marked. 

It will also allow us to bring in two quick wingers. We really need some pace in the side El Ghazi isn’t slow but Traore and Trezeguet are and it’s something we’ve lacked for so long now. 

DCM
LWF
RWF

That’s where the bulk of our kitty should go. Being perfectly honest, I wouldn’t be against us spending our entire budget on those 3 as long as they are starters and good players. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m on board the ‘moving Grealish back into the middle’ train. 

He’d be world class whatever position he plays, but moving him into that no.10 role will allow us to control games now from the middle of the pitch and he won’t be as easily marked. 

It will also allow us to bring in two quick wingers. We really need some pace in the side El Ghazi isn’t slow but Traore and Trezeguet are and it’s something we’ve lacked for so long now. 

DCM
LWF
RWF

That’s where the bulk of our kitty should go. Being perfectly honest, I wouldn’t be against us spending our entire budget on those 3 as long as they are starters and good players. 

Luiz and Jack in midfield with a big and srong DM behind them would do me just nicely

On 16/05/2021 at 09:56, ferguson1 said:

Would love to see James Ward-Prowse as our number 10 next season.  Start with an opening 40m bid and go from there. 

He’s solid and great at set pieces but for the money he is likely to command as an England player there is far better out there.