Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Leicester are also linked to Pereira, they seem to be going for all the players that everyone on here is wishing for Edouard, Soumare, Pereira.

They really have kicked on so much since their promotion.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Are some people really turning their noses up at James Maddison? FFS 😂 

Reveal hidden contents

6/10 Would not bang - neckbeard - quickmeme

Depends on the financial terms as per usual. I’d turn my nose up at him for the 80m someone said.

43 minutes ago, supermon said:

Leicester are also linked to Pereira, they seem to be going for all the players that everyone on here is wishing for Edouard, Soumare, Pereira.

They really have kicked on so much since their promotion.

Not bothered about the other 2 but would like Soumare. We're still going to be tooling up this summer.

55 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Edouard to Leicester for 15m pretty much done according to what I've just listened to. Strong start to the window from thme if they get him and the Lille DM.

Great business, would have no complaints if we’d signed either. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Depends on the financial terms as per usual. I’d turn my nose up at him for the 80m someone said.

I mentioned 80m as top whack. If Grealish is over 100m, and he would be, easily, if he was available, which he isn't, then Maddison could expect to be 70 - 80m. He's not in Jack's class (who is?) but I'd say the class below.

Of course it would depend if Leicester were willing sellers (perhaps) which could lower the price and Maddison not having better offers (less likely but you never know). I can see us making or trying to make a statement signing that would also be agreeable to Jack. 

• Like 1

What's clever about Leicester is they don't even need to sell a first teamer this time to fund those moves.

They can just get rid of all of Napalms Mendy, Amartey and Hamza Choudhury and none of them will weaken them as they're just bit part players. Denis Praet probably in category aswell although think he'll be kept as backup as he played CL for Anderlecht, Will probably sell Ayoze Perez aswell who I've always thought was s*** so hopefully we're not in for him.

Will just be more rotation for them, Maddison was only on the bench last night for a huge game for them but don't know if he's carrying an injury or not.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I mentioned 80m as top whack. If Grealish is over 100m, and he would be, easily, if he was available, which he isn't, then Maddison could expect to be 70 - 80m. He's not in Jack's class (who is?) but I'd say the class below.

Of course it would depend if Leicester were willing sellers (perhaps) which could lower the price and Maddison not having better offers (less likely but you never know). I can see us making or trying to make a statement signing that would also be agreeable to Jack. 

If JM was 50/55m and getable within our wage structure them I'm all for that. Great talent.

22 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

What's clever about Leicester is they don't even need to sell a first teamer this time to fund those moves.

They can just get rid of all of Napalms Mendy, Amartey and Hamza Choudhury and none of them will weaken them as they're just bit part players. Denis Praet probably in category aswell although think he'll be kept as backup as he played CL for Anderlecht, Will probably sell Ayoze Perez aswell who I've always thought was s*** so hopefully we're not in for him.

Will just be more rotation for them, Maddison was only on the bench last night for a huge game for them but don't know if he's carrying an injury or not.

This is what we need to start doing. It's not sustainable the constant £100m-£130m outlays every summer. We definitely need something coming in too.

• Like 1

As much as I would like to see us sign a very powerful/strong/energetic defensive midfielder, I just don't see where one fits into the starting 11 unless he is replacing McGinn or Luiz, based on the tactics we've seen from Dean this year. 

It's possible to sign a a very powerful, strong, energetic, explosive midfielder with combatitive defensive qualities, without such a player having to take Luiz's place as the DM, in fact more often than not those type of players tend to play as box to box midfielders these days rather than DMs anywhere. The oft cited example from a fews back was Diamé, he had many of the attributes but wasn't actually DM.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

As much as I would like to see us sign a very powerful/strong/energetic defensive midfielder, I just don't see where one fits into the starting 11 unless he is replacing McGinn or Luiz, based on the tactics we've seen from Dean this year. 

100% this.

It also wouldn’t make the Sanson signing make much sense. Assuming one of Luis and Mcginn are playing and we sign a DM - was Sanson brought in as backup??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Edouard to Leicester for 15m pretty much done according to what I've just listened to. Strong start to the window from thme if they get him and the Lille DM.

Opens up Ianeacho potentially Maddison for us?

Would be two shrewd additions at the right price IMO.

Although, Maddison seems to be injured alot.

9 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Really annoys me that the women's side of AVFC show up in my newsnow feed. It really should be marked as women's footy or something.

I don't have any problems with women playing football fwiw. It just doesn't interest me.

It's being pushed onto everyone trying to force people to like or show some interest in it. Bbc put womens football above mens football on the score/ results page so you have to scroll through loads of none football scores to get to football ones.

Football and WOMANS football are completely separate sports and should be treated as such.

It's a different sport which should have its own sub section, same as on here.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Awol said:

Pre-Everton press conference today:

Q: will the [summer] targets make supporters excited? 

DS: Well the targets make me excited so they should make the supporters excited too... *grins knowingly*

:) 

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Awol said:

Pre-Everton press conference today:

Q: will the [summer] targets make supporters excited? 

DS: Well the targets make me excited so they should make the supporters excited too... *grins knowingly*

:) 

Lionel Messi Soccer GIF by FC Barcelona

GIF by Paris Saint-Germain

This level of excitement?? Imagine a front 3 of these two and Trezeguet. Oh the fun 😂.

• Haha 1