Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Lionel Messi Soccer GIF by FC Barcelona

GIF by Paris Saint-Germain

This level of excitement?? Imagine a front 3 of these two and Trezeguet. Oh the fun 😂.

Messi beats 5 midfielders, Mbappe beats 4 defenders, squares for Trezeguet...one on one with the keeper, who then trips over his own shoelace... scenes...

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Messi beats 5 midfielders, Mbappe beats 4 defenders, squares for Trezeguet...one on one with the keeper, who then trips over his own shoelace... scenes...

Those two would be like....

who is that GIF

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mazrim said:

I mentioned 80m as top whack. If Grealish is over 100m, and he would be, easily, if he was available, which he isn't, then Maddison could expect to be 70 - 80m. He's not in Jack's class (who is?) but I'd say the class below.

Of course it would depend if Leicester were willing sellers (perhaps) which could lower the price and Maddison not having better offers (less likely but you never know). I can see us making or trying to make a statement signing that would also be agreeable to Jack. 

Yea I don't care if they want that much it isn't worth us buying him for that price.

12 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Lionel Messi Soccer GIF by FC Barcelona

GIF by Paris Saint-Germain

This level of excitement?? Imagine a front 3 of these two and Trezeguet. Oh the fun 😂.

suppose Trez is a talent upgrade on Braithwaite and less of a clearing in the woods than Neymar ;)

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

Are some people really turning their noses up at James Maddison? FFS 😂 

Reveal hidden contents

6/10 Would not bang - neckbeard - quickmeme

Maddison would be a huge upgrade on Barkley and McGinn in the centre, not sure what people are smoking 

• Like 1

We or no one else aren't going to pay £80m for Maddison, he's a very good player and would represent a massive coup for us, but he doesn't belong to that uppermost echelon of midfielders consisting of the likes of Grealish. If he he was made available he'd probably move for around £60m, and I suspect it would be the likes of us, Everton, Wolves, and maybe Spurs and Arsenal interested.

If Maddison leaves Leicester then I'd say we'd have as much chance as anyone, unlike the likes of Sancho or Rice he wouldn't be wanted by the likes of Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd, or Liverpool, not even sure if Tottenham or Arsenal would want him. I think he'll probably stay with Leicester for a least another season though.

3 hours ago, supermon said:

Leicester are also linked to Pereira, they seem to be going for all the players that everyone on here is wishing for Edouard, Soumare, Pereira.

They really have kicked on so much since their promotion.

Emotion Reaction GIF

Have lost count of the amount of times that Leicester have supposedly agreed a deal for Édouard. Pereira has impressive stats and grew into the season but for a lot of it wasn't very good, so wouldn't be bothered if someone else signed him, he's a right-winger and not sure how much, if any, of an upgrade he is on Traore, he's one of those if our recruitment decide to sign him then I'll trust them, but not the end of the world if he goes somewhere else.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, useless said:

People are making the mistake of thinking that Maddison is some sort of Grealish level player, he's not, 'high flying Leicester' might not even want him much longer.

Wat. Have I missed something or is he not still a fantastic player who's pushing to play for England?

A player pushing for England doesn't make them out of reach of us, I'd put Maddison on a similar level to Abraham in that sense. I think he'd be a very good signing for us, we probably couldn't hope to sign a player with a bigger reputation, but at the same time I think some people are buying into the hype that surrounded him a couple of years back, he's good but not Grealish/Foden level of player good, and based on recent form not even on Mount's level.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Opens up Ianeacho potentially Maddison for us?

There's no way Leicester would be looking to sell Iheanacho, especially with there being a lot of talk of Vardy retiring in the summer.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Wat. Have I missed something or is he not still a fantastic player who's pushing to play for England?

He is. @useless thinks Eze will play for a top 4 club one day so I’d take his view with a pinch of salt. Leicester would want a lot of money for Maddison. 

Still going on about me and Eze just because I called you out for saying you didn't rate him and asking others if they'd watched him, straight after you admitted yourself that you'd only seen him a couple of times. And also I never said that he'd play for a top four club, I said if he was to leave Palace the likes of Arsenal and Spurs would be interested.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Still going on about me and Eze just because I called you out for saying you didn't rate him and asking others if they'd watched him, straight after you admitted yourself that you'd only seen him a couple of times. And also I never said that he'd play for a top four club, I said if he was to leave Palace the likes of Arsenal and Spurs would be interested.

So you reckon Eze same level as Maddison?