Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

On Sterling get real. He’s not leaving Citeh, not for 50m lol and even if he did it wouldn’t be for any lower half side in the Premiership. Buendia however would look at Villa as a step up but I fear in today’s market it would take that 50m for Sterling to get him then wages may also be an issue as well.

Pereira at West Brom might be more realistic but he may choose Leeds over Villa if both sides go in for him.

If however Villa intend to spend big in the summer I’d offer Leeds 50m for Kalvin Philips who is exactly what Villa are missing in midfield. To get him Villa would need to hold onto Grealish.

£50m for Phillips or Buendia is almost as ridiculous as suggesting we can get Sterling, no one is going to play anywhere near that much for either of those two, especially Phillips, he isn't even that much different to Luiz, it's debatable whether he's a better player.

Just now, useless said:

£50m for Phillips or Buendia is almost as ridiculous as suggesting we can get Sterling, no one is going to play anywhere near that much for either of those two, especially Phillips, he isn't even that much different to Luiz, it's debatable whether he's a better player.

england international midfielder who leeds have no reason to sell? £50m would be cheap

read the grealish thread and see how we increase his value due to his worth to us, Phillips would be exactly the same, also if he didn't join us 2 years ago he wont be joining us now

• Like 2

£50m wouldn't be cheap, there are many midfielders just as good as Phillips, Leeds could replace him far easier than we could replace Grealish, Grealish is worth as much as he is because he's one of the best players in the world, not just because of how valuable he is to us. Phillips is good, but has become very overrated, I think if you asked most Leeds fans they'd be more than happy to receive £50m for him.

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Missed the boat with Buendia, should've got him last year, Norwich's bargaining power has increased ten fold now.

Norwich would probably take 40M for Buendia (and I’d pay that) but no way we get Philips out of Leeds even if we made a daft offer. Philips and Luiz as a double pivot would be incredible, imo. 

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Missed the boat with Buendia, should've got him last year, Norwich's bargaining power has increased ten fold now.

If they didn’t lose him when relegated they aren’t going to lose him now, It will take a very big offer to even begin negotiations ,  only viable option these days is to look abroad for players 

• Like 1

Why are people so obssessed with Buendia, one goal and seven assists the last time he was in the premier league, and two of those assists came in the same match, also if you look at the teams that his assists came against they were, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City (twice), Leicester, Spurs and Palace, which looks impressive at first, but then when you think that those sides would have been less defensive, it makes you wonder why he wasn't able to be more creative against teams that sit back more.

He might be an okay signing but I think people are elevating him to a much higher stature than his record warrants.

15 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I am sure there will be much better options on the continent that can and would be equally as effective and cost much less imo.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Most likely another fake account, had the Guedes link up too.

Never heard of this player:

I only know him from FIFA - he's a very quick, combative, defensive midfielder. 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

I only know him from FIFA - he's a very quick, combative, defensive midfielder. 

I’d prefer Koopmeiners. This guy doesn’t look that tall or imposing/physical.

• Like 1

I’d love for us to target the South American market, we have Emi, Wes & Doug to attract and help such players.

But it’s also a risk as you never know how these players will adapt or settle.

In Buendia’s case, he has adapted and settled, knows the top 2 leagues and has continued to improve. It’s less of a risk but of course he would cost a lot more (I think he would be worth it and can see him shining in a much better team). He’s proven to be effective and has high potential.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Most likely another fake account, had the Guedes link up too.

Never heard of this player:

He has been injured since August last season and is just a bit taller than Jack