Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

I feel it will be interesting to see how covid has stretched clubs finances this year. Especially when it comes to transfer fees. In the PL I personally can't see much change, and I can easily see a club bid £ 50 million for Phillips. But we'll see.

28 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I feel it will be interesting to see how covid has stretched clubs finances this year. Especially when it comes to transfer fees. In the PL I personally can't see much change, and I can easily see a club bid £ 50 million for Phillips. But we'll see.

Its strange Chelsea and City will spend, maybe United to try and impress the fans. The 3 that need investment Spurs, Arsenal and Pool wont unless sell to buy

Rest of the league might be sensible but Leeds and Leicester I think will be strong in the market like us

I can't see Leeds being anywhere near us tbh. It's never struck me they have a very ambitious or rich owner. Have I missed something?

Though tbf. They probably have a lot of room in terms of FFP.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

11 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I can't see Leeds being anywhere near us tbh. It's never struck me they have a very ambitious or rich owner. Have I missed something?

Though tbf. They probably have a lot of room in terms of FFP.

He is ambitious enough, owns some international sports channels and wants to push Leeds on. He paid big for Bielsa in the Championship 

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

If anything happens to Watkins you will be. And nobody said we have to play one at a time. Wesley / Davies / Barry could be a great supporting cast. Or it could be that one never recovers fully, one struggles to score and the other isn't fully ready yet.

I'd be very happy with another one.

Smith won’t detract from his usual system/formation and barely any team plays with 2 up front nowadays.

Tbf, after Watkins it’s a huge drop off in terms of centre forwards or goalscorers in our squad. So I’m not against us signing another striker but personally not that interested - it’s low on the list of priorities imo. I wouldn’t like us to spend big on Tammy for instance when we need to spend the bulk of our budget elsewhere. 

But, we have limited funds (FFP) and capacity in the squad. Dean also stated, during the last window, that we can’t afford to stockpile players either.

We’d need to shift someone out, either Davies (happy for him to leave) or Wesley. We can’t spend big on all/most positions and we do have some genuinely good players that will keep improving (Targett has done magnificently this season, Konsa just keeps getting better).

Rather than a CF, a wide forward or winger that can cover would be the better option. 

We need to enhance our attacking capability - particularly our creativity.

Ollie is often left feeding off scraps and working relentlessly to chase defenders and even the opposition GK when Jack isn’t playing. It’s so frustrating.

We must improve and provide him with better support - he will score bucketloads for us.

I think we have an exceptional CF (I don’t think it would be fair to shift him wide when he has done so well in that position), we need some exceptional providers alongside Jack to help him flourish.

• Like 1

For me the absolute priorities in the summer are; Left Wing/Inside Forward, Right Wing/Inside Forward and Defensive Midfielder. That is where I'd spend the bulk of our cash. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

For me the absolute priorities in the summer are; Left Wing/Inside Forward, Right Wing/Inside Forward and Defensive Midfielder. That is where I'd spend the bulk of our cash. 

watching the 2 European cup semi finals....I was particularly interested watching Fernandinho and Kante......How one of that type would make a difference to us.....not necessarily eye catching, but essential in the control of the game.

both teams securing clean sheets was central to both their successes.....Both teams played with a professional air about them and those players were at the heart of it all.

12 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

we'll have more wingers than British Airways.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

watching the 2 European cup semi finals....I was particularly interested watching Fernandinho and Kante......How one of that type would make a difference to us.....not necessarily eye catching, but essential in the control of the game.

both teams securing clean sheets was central to both their successes.....Both teams played with a professional air about them and those players were at the heart of it all.

I agree. 

I try not to use the word pivot if I can help it but......pivot. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

we'll have more wingers than British Airways.

Why, who else we got? Only trez, AEG and Traore, right? I'd be happy to 'reluctantly' part ways with any of them tbh. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I agree. 

I try not to use the word pivot if I can help it but......pivot. 

I try not to use the word big for my ideal one....because Kante, dispels that theory as Makalele did and Didier Deschamps....but i guess a better word is effective....they read the game so well and turnovers are second nature.

That Turnover that Ollie did on Holgate, just left me purring......I just love watching that kinda thing.....Benteke on Smalling was another, that sticks in the memory.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Why, who else we got? Only trez, AEG and Traore, right? I'd be happy to 'reluctantly' part ways with any of them tbh. 

just kidding.

we need ones with more consistency a young Arjen Robben or Overmars, Rosicky, etc.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

You had to do it, didn't you.

I don't care where you are or who you are with, shout out... I'm a naughty boy. Go on, do it, now, right now!

I'm a naughty boy !!!....but I couldn't resist it.😀

• Haha 1