Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Why, who else we got? Only trez, AEG and Traore, right? I'd be happy to 'reluctantly' part ways with any of them tbh. 

Wait what?

You seriously wanna part ways with this?

christian bale kiss GIF by Hollywood Suite

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Wait what?

christian bale kiss GIF by Hollywood Suite

He has the touches of the best around, no doubt......its consistency, once again that eludes him.

He likes space too, to do that....we struggle when we get closed down...no oxygen to keep the flames alive.

Edited by TRO

Just now, TRO said:

He has the touches of the best around, no doubt......its consistency, once again that eludes him.

He’ll get better, hasn’t even completed a full season with us.  But I’d be delighted if he ended up as an option off the bench  because our first team, with additions, is so strong!

He’s certainly entertaining to watch, when he’s on it.

I wonder if he could do a job centrally for us...

• Like 2

El Ghazi > Trezegeut> Sterling>Foden

Aye just skip the middle man and go straight to Foden this summer!

"Hi Man City, Hi Pep, Hello Phil. We're here to make a statement signing! Let's get down to business"

Go Away GIF

"...but but but statement signing. We're here to show we mean business."

Go Away Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

".....................................................................we'll make the bid cheeky."

happy episode 8 GIF

• Like 1

Was very impressed with ebrima darboe when he came on for roma. Changed their game, he intercepted tackled and distributed quickly accurately and intelligently. 19 years old and not a first team regular. May be worth a punt and I wouldn't have thought would cost an arm and a leg either.

4 hours ago, TRO said:

He likes space too, to do that....we struggle when we get closed down...no oxygen to keep the flames alive.

He has moments of real quality.

It will be interesting to see how much of an improvement he can make with a full pre-season and in a second season.

If he can play like he played last weekend week in week out - and that will be easier with Jack and a couple of others coming in hopefully - he could be a real handful! 🤞

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Wait what?

You see to me that's so incredibly unnecessary. He simply doesn't have to do that. A simple two-footed drag and he's just as far, with way less risk involved. Those kind of moves looks silky when it works, but the times it doesn't you look like a moron.

But that just describes him as a player. You see the same tendency with so many of his passes. He tries high risk, crazy, cross field passing, which looks exceptional when it works. It bypasses several pressure lines and is superb when it works. But when it doesn't he kills your attacking move while at the same time gives away potential counters. 

Dumb football we called it when I grew up, and ironically in my team I was the main culprit for it. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jas10 said:

The thing is, if we want to do even better next season, we need players that are likely to hit the ground running. Which is another reason why signing someone like Buendia is appealing. It makes sense for us to focus on the strongest European leagues too, you’re more likely to get better performing players and there’s more assurance - doesn’t always work out though.

Signing players from more obscure leagues is always a risk but can also be a masterstroke if you get the right one in.

Plus, we’ve also seen how “lesser players” perform better in a confident and successful team.

On the other hand, we’re not the most patient fanbase either.

The scouting has to be spot on really.

I would definitely prefer us to stay more local.  I would target 6/7 players - 3 from the EFL (say Brookes, Olise and Buchanan as LB cover), 2 from the PL (say Berge and Axel), 1 from overseas (say Rashica) and 1 from Scotland (say Edouard).

I think unless you are buying real quality it is a big risk and can take a season for the players to adjust to a new country and new surroundings.  Having said that, Scandanavian defenders have typically worked out alright for us in the past!

50 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You see to me that's so incredibly unnecessary. He simply doesn't have to do that. A simple two-footed drag and he's just as far, with way less risk involved. Those kind of moves looks silky when it works, but the times it doesn't you look like a moron.

But that just describes him as a player. You see the same tendency with so many of his passes. He tries high risk, crazy, cross field passing, which looks exceptional when it works. It bypasses several pressure lines and is superb when it works. But when it doesn't he kills your attacking move while at the same time gives away potential counters. 

Dumb football we called it when I grew up, and ironically in my team I was the main culprit for it. 

I’m sure he can be coached into becoming more disciplined and putting his skill and talent to more effective use. Again, he hasn’t even completed a first season with us. Let’s judge him next season.

Also, you wouldn’t want to limit his game too much and some of the things he does are befitting of a world class player (not saying he is one but he has potential and room for improvement),

He’s clearly a far superior player to El Ghazi & Trez.

1 hour ago, barry'sboots said:

He has moments of real quality.

It will be interesting to see how much of an improvement he can make with a full pre-season and in a second season.

If he can play like he played last weekend week in week out - and that will be easier with Jack and a couple of others coming in hopefully - he could be a real handful! 🤞

I recall that first half against Burnley, we looked sublime at times with Jack, Ross & Bert linking up. Ollie was great too and finished his goal superbly. 

Maybe he’s just one of those players who needs higher quality around him to really excel.

6 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I would definitely prefer us to stay more local.  I would target 6/7 players - 3 from the EFL (say Brookes, Olise and Buchanan as LB cover), 2 from the PL (say Berge and Axel), 1 from overseas (say Rashica) and 1 from Scotland (say Edouard).

I think unless you are buying real quality it is a big risk and can take a season for the players to adjust to a new country and new surroundings.  Having said that, Scandanavian defenders have typically worked out alright for us in the past!

There’s also a risk with staying “too” local and missing out on the very best foreign talent.

Some Championship players simply aren’t going to cut it. Prem players are crazy expensive.

So much to take into account but we do need that “real quality” more than anything now. Boy did we get lucky with Emi, what a signing!

You know I drool at the thought of McNeil coming here when I see this video below. The one thing that concerns me, despite how tricky he is he has more assists than goals it seems. The lad seems to be more of a support player who can dazzle opposition at an instant. That kind of hectic player may be what were missing up front because he does it quickly causing confusion and chaos. Putting goals and assist aside Can Smith turn him into a more solid all round player that offers everything we need in a frontline player?

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

You know I drool at the thought of McNeil coming here when I see this video below. The one thing that concerns me, despite how tricky he is he has more assists than goals it seems. The lad seems to be more of a support player who can dazzle opposition at an instant. That kind of hectic player may be what were missing up front because he does it quickly causing confusion and chaos. Putting goals and assist aside Can Smith turn him into a more solid all round player that offers everything we need in a frontline player?

Smith is all about improving players , apparently we’ve opened negotiations at £15m thats  Daniel Levy esq , I love it 

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

He’ll get better, hasn’t even completed a full season with us.  But I’d be delighted if he ended up as an option off the bench  because our first team, with additions, is so strong!

He’s certainly entertaining to watch, when he’s on it.

I wonder if he could do a job centrally for us...

Will he? I never liked assuming people will just get better over time. Plenty of players actually drop off after their first breakout or debut season. Some remain around the same level and of course, there are those who do indeed get better. Time will tell which group he belongs too.

23 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Can remember a few wondering if we could tempt Florent Thuvain from Marseille.

Club Tigres of Mexico signed him on a free so interesting move that one.

GIgnac plays there so probably followed his advice

12 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Smith is all about improving players , apparently we’ve opened negotiations at £15m thats  Daniel Levy esq , I love it 

If Purslow can get him for anywhere near that it will be amazing business.  Levy would be proud of that.

The figure that I have seen historically was more up at £50m+ and I wouldn't go near that level but a deal at £30m or less would be great for a strong experienced attacking PL player who is only 21.🤞

• Like 1