Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

37 minutes ago, rayk said:

No….Traore is a winger who supposedly can play ST (although I’ve never seen it).

Alvarez is a ST who can play RW.

There is a difference.

Tim Vickery said he really doesn’t have a position he just roams about the forward line.

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Tim Vickery said he really doesn’t have a position he just roams about the forward line.

Oh brill. The fact that he plays ST apparently is irrelevant.

According to Transfermarkt  Julián Álvarez has started 37 games at RW and 26 games as center forward for River, and then the odd game at other positions.

Pretty much all his games for Argentina at various levels has been at RW including his 1 cap at senior level.

Think it's safe to say he can play in more than 1 position and like most modern players he's not static in one area when he plays.

53 minutes ago, rayk said:

Crikey, there really is bully boy culture on here isn’t there. I mean I’ve supported Villa for 30+ years. How.about you?

It is a bit nasty on here sometimes. Like people are deliberately trying to not understand what you are saying about how we probably overpaid for Mings at the time because of how much we wanted him but he’s actually turned out to be good value. 

I don’t know your history because I haven’t been on here that long and I’m really bad at remembering any posters previous posts or opinions, I barely even register the names but I reckon if other people posted what you did nobody would bat an eyelid. 

9 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

It is a bit nasty on here sometimes. Like people are deliberately trying to not understand what you are saying about how we probably overpaid for Mings at the time because of how much we wanted him but he’s actually turned out to be good value. 

I don’t know your history because I haven’t been on here that long and I’m really bad at remembering any posters previous posts or opinions, I barely even register the names but I reckon if other people posted what you did nobody would bat an eyelid. 

Oh the boy’s got history.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Thank you. I think given that you are relatively new on here you’ve taken a risk by speaking out.

15 minutes ago, sne said:

According to Transfermarkt  Julián Álvarez has started 37 games at RW and 26 games as center forward for River, and then the odd game at other positions.

Pretty much all his games for Argentina at various levels has been at RW including his 1 cap at senior level.

Think it's safe to say he can play in more than 1 position and like most modern players he's not static in one area when he plays.

He’s 20 years old FFS. Before Maupay moved Watkins was a winger even though he was a ST at Exeter.

I would say not presenting highly subjective opinions as facts would help tone the discussion climate down a bit.

Again, that's just an opinion, not a fact :D 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

The reality that Rashica has signed for Norwich has affected us all in various different ways.

We're still waiting for the confirmation from Percy