Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

47 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

This was the article in the athletic about Leeds running. We’re second quickest behind Leeds. 

1ECCD9B6-006B-4A6E-AAD7-B0546E27A748.jpeg

We are fast but the number of high Intensity action we perform leaves a lot to be desired. 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

We are fast but the number of high Intensity action we perform leaves a lot to be desired. 

Yes, I think that’s what the second graphic I posted showed. We’re probably able to be the second quickest because we spend a lot of time ‘conserving energy’.  To be honest, data isn’t my strong point and I don’t fully understand it all.

Tekkers is still up there in my top 5 ever Villa strikers (in my life time).

But last I heard he was on between 100-120K

That's a lot for a player who scores about 4 or 5 goals a season and doesn't get a lot of assists. Not saying he doesn't show flashes of the beast we all know he can be, but he's still a shadow of the player he was with us.

and as many have said we don't seem to sign players who are older than 26.

Palace will throw more money at him as for some reason they think that will justify the millions they have wasted on him already (meow).

49 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We're a better team nowadays mate.

Our standards are much higher.

If we're to improve "year on year" in our progress, surely he is a step backwards?

I understand the sentiment. I would bring back Dean Saunders if we could, but we have to kick on now and trust Dean Smith and the transfer committee to sign the right players to help us keep improving like we have in these last couple of seasons.

Yeah I'm only joking. Well I am and I'm not. I think it would be a step back and I doubt it would work out, but I'd still like to see him back in a villa shirt for sentimental reasons. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah I'm only joking. Well I am and I'm not. I think it would be a step back and I doubt it would work out, but I'd still like to see him back in a villa shirt for sentimental reasons. 

An I'd like to see some pages of transferbin the transfer page and not graphs and youngsters from Bristol posts today, that's not going to happen either.

Edited by Dave-R

7 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

New DM? Who was MOTM against Spurs and Chelsea?

If he can find that kind of consistency......I would agree.....but we need a player who can turn the ball over and start attacks....If Marv can do that often ,then fine......but it needs to be more than the odd game.

• Like 2

I think what goes missing with some is Carney and Jaden will pretty much be like new signings. Not to mention Kesler and Barry who both can make the step up imo.

For me 1-2 signings is the most realistic. It's what's normal for big clubs.

Clubs like Man Utd, Liverpool and City usually don't do more than 2 signings every summer.

I think we'll sign a DM and a winger

Edited by villalad21

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think what goes missing with some is Carney and Jaden will pretty much be like new signings. Not to mention Kesler and Barry who both can make the step up imo.

For me 1-2 signings is the most realistic. It's what's normal for big clubs.

Clubs like Man Utd, Liverpool and City usually don't do more than 2 signings every summer.

I think we'll sign a DM and a winger

The 4 youngsters you mention aren’t ready. Barry and Kessler especially. Personally, I’d loan all 4 out for a season. 

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Eresdivisie. Jesus. With that defending I could score double digits. If he doesn't dominate there, then there's no hope. 

Just stop it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Creeper said:

Noticed Alan Nixon alluded that we want an experienced backup to replace Heaton, and someone mentioned us going for Gazzaniga whos been released from Spurs and he didn't say no. 

Number 2 is a right back surely? We need a 3?

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I really don’t get the obsession with bringing through the youngsters so soon and thinking we don’t need x/y/z because Kessler/Barry can fill in.

There is such a monumental gulf in class from the level we all watched the other night and PL football. I genuinely don’t think any of them are ready, but I do think they have a shot at becoming a PL footballer if they are managed properly. 

Look at Chelsea. Mason Mount was on loan at Derby when he was 19/20. Tammy was on various Loans until he was 21/22. I’m sure there are heaps of other comparisons. 

The lads we’re all clambering to start more games, JPB, Carney, Kessler would get ripped apart at PL level, or certainly shown up unless they were exceptional. Let these lads go out on 2/3 loans to League 1/Championship sides for a couple of years and bring them back when they’re 21 to see if they are physically ready and good enough. 

Im really hoping that, having brought in the loan management team, that we start managing our youngsters properly. These kids need 35/40 games a season at a slightly lower, more physically demanding level rather than bossing other 17yr olds and playing 20 minutes here and there for the first team. 

Yes, there are exceptions, Foden/Greenwood etc. and I’m sure if they’re good enough, we’ll manage them properly but I think some on here are thinking we’ll have 3/4 of these lads being regular starters for us in a couple of years when the harsh reality is only 1, maybe 2 will make it. 

We need to treat the transfer system as a way of improving our squad where it needs improving and if a young lad comes through and performs brilliantly, then that is just a bonus. 

FWIW, I’d much prefer seeing Carney boss it for Notts Forest for 40 games next year instead of playing 4 or 5 times for our first team. 

Pretty much agree with most of that, except one. Having watched him quite a bit this year I'm convinced Carney can make a big impact, even now, at the highest level. He is very special !!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Creeper said:

Noticed Alan Nixon alluded that we want an experienced backup to replace Heaton, and someone mentioned us going for Gazzaniga whos been released from Spurs and he didn't say no. 

Weren't we linked with him last summer before we signed Martinez?

22 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Pretty much agree with most of that, except one. Having watched him quite a bit this year I'm convinced Carney can make a big impact, even now, at the highest level. He is very special !!

Also the thing with Carney is if any of the rumours are true re Dortmund/Bayern sniffing round then it is probably best to keep him close and integrate with first team and signing him on a long term contract when he is 18.

• Like 1