Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

One thing I think we need more than anything is more pace across the team..we statistically have the slowest team in the league last season.

Do you have any evidence to back up this claim? I’ve seen one graphic where Grealish and Trez were amongst the quickest. 

3 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

One thing I think we need more than anything is more pace across the team..we statistically have the slowest team in the league last season.

Is this actually true? Not doubting you Pissflaps but it would be interesting if it is. I thought all season we needed a bit more pace in the team but never thought we'd actually be the slowest.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You still rate Benteke? Seems alot on here don't.

I , too, was against any return in the past.

However, he has shown some very decent form recently and has good pedigree.

On a free, as a bench option I think we could do MUCH worse.

Don't see the board doing it either though.

I just miss him.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Is this actually true? Not doubting you Pissflaps but it would be interesting if it is. I thought all season we needed a bit more pace in the team but never thought we'd actually be the slowest.

I’m sure I’ve seen graphics somewhere that don’t say this at all. 

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I just miss him.

Why though? He left us at the earliest opportunity; and he'd actually tried to join Spurs before Liverpool came in and paid the asking price. 

I have no special love for him and have no real interest in having him back.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Do you have any evidence to back up this claim? I’ve seen one graphic where Grealish and Trez were amongst the quickest. 

I saw an article on the athletic about it at the opposite end of the scale were man city, chelsea and Liverpool if i recall correctly.

I think that may well demonstrate speed can be somewhat correlated to success. Maybe?

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

I saw an article on the athletic about it at the opposite end of the scale were man city, chelsea and Liverpool if i recall correctly.

I think that may well demonstrate speed can be somewhat correlated to success. Maybe?

I think that just suggests higher intensity pressing is the key to success. Specifically coordinated team pressing. 

8 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Why though? He left us at the earliest opportunity; and he'd actually tried to join Spurs before Liverpool came in and paid the asking price. 

I have no special love for him and have no real interest in having him back.

I know. I just loved him when he was here. 

1: Buendia, Neto, Daka.

2: de arrascaeta, Olise, lookman, Rashica, pereira.

3: Buchanan, wijndal, (Danny rose on a free?).

4: Anguissa, koopmeiners, Zakaria, bissouma.

Sign 1 from each and it will be a big improvement to the first 11 and squad. Maybe a loan bid for Tammy if 1 of Wes or Davis leaves on loan

Don’t particularly think we should sign Benteke but I’m not sure where the “he will be on massive wages” comes from - presumably he’ll take the best he can get and I don’t see teams lining up to pay him £100,000 per week.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

This was the article in the athletic about Leeds running. We’re second quickest behind Leeds. 

1ECCD9B6-006B-4A6E-AAD7-B0546E27A748.jpeg

Oh I must have misunderstood the data. 

Seriously it's like I am at work!

🤣

• Haha 1

It's worth keeping an eye on how many academy players we sign - we've signed two already, are heavily linked with one more and I wouldn't be surprised if we spend some money adding several more youngsters this summer. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I just miss him.

We're a better team nowadays mate.

Our standards are much higher.

If we're to improve "year on year" in our progress, surely he is a step backwards?

I understand the sentiment. I would bring back Dean Saunders if we could, but we have to kick on now and trust Dean Smith and the transfer committee to sign the right players to help us keep improving like we have in these last couple of seasons.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's worth keeping an eye on how many academy players we sign - we've signed two already, are heavily linked with one more and I wouldn't be surprised if we spend some money adding several more youngsters this summer. 

2? The Bristol lad and who?

1 hour ago, Pissflaps said:

Get some more attacking paced players signed Mr Lange.  ;)

• Like 1