Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

24 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I think most of us worry that if we don't make that kind of progress we will lose Jack and then that will put us back quite a bit.

I think some people are perennial doom and gloom merchants which I suppose is understandable considering the decade gone. On a Claret and Blue podcast earlier in the season someone said negativity is an inherent Brummie trait. Hard to argue reading comments often on here

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

I think some people are perennial doom and gloom merchants which I suppose is understandable considering the decade gone. On a Claret and Blue podcast earlier in the season someone said negativity is an inherent Brummie trait. Hard to argue reading comments often on here

People think the Brummies are pessimistic!???  us Yam Yams (Walsall) have them beat. Even when it's sunny we complain!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I don't think anyone would disagree with your opinion of the owners.

But they seem ambitious and the spend is relatively small beer for them and you could argue that, having spent £250m, or whatever it is, over the last couple of years, why stop now when you are on the cusp of really competing at the top end and seeing the fruits of your labour (or spending)?  It was similar with Lerner and O'Neill when he had invested plenty but fell down at the last hurdle, by going with the relatively cheap Heskey, when a more ambitious signing could have got us into the top 4 and changed the feel around the club dramatically.  So close, yet so far! 

I guess we'll all know where they are in their Villa journey in about three month's time!

It’s 250 plus buying the club and clearing the debts. It really is a large amount.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Greenwood played 1300 minutes 19/20 season. Was same age as some of our youth players coming through

We have a far weaker overall side than they do. Make sit harder to bed in youth. We need to establish ourselves as a top team before brining in a number of youth projects. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, barry'sboots said:

I think we are agreeing???

Many of Greenwood and Foden's early minutes were late subs, EFL games or dead rubbers in the Champions League.

Some of ours might step up and perform but I wouldn't want to enter a season where we risk them as second choice and, say e.g. Cash gets a long term injury and Kessler has to play week in week out.  That could damage a young player and also put a lot of physical strain on them.

There early minutes sure. But by the end of the season they could start games without costing their team. We don't have that margin of error that united or City do. Until we can consistently beat the shit sides. We can't consistently bring youth through. Let them cut their teeth in the championship or League 1 next season. See who's ready for the prem. And then give the rest another year or 2. Or sell them and get enough money to fund another 3 years worth of youth purchases. 

22 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

We have a far weaker overall side than they do. Make sit harder to bed in youth. We need to establish ourselves as a top team before brining in a number of youth projects. 

22 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I'm literally one of the most positive people on here the vast majority of the time.

Comedy gold 

I think Bruno Fernandes is the difference between Manure struggling and where they finished this season

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, paul514 said:

It’s 250 plus buying the club and clearing the debts. It really is a large amount.

It certainly is to you and me.

Its probably like buying a couple of season tickets (relatively) when you're worth $9.2bn and your family is worth $36bn.🤔😉💰

43 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

It certainly is to you and me.

Its probably like buying a couple of season tickets (relatively) when you're worth $9.2bn and your family is worth $36bn.🤔😉💰

Perhaps but he will still know the value of money and he has a partner who doesn’t have as much.

Article in the athletic this morning is saying Buendia and Dwight McNeil are our main targets. They are not replacements for Jack and plan for him to still be here next season (the Daily Mail say City going to break record for him). 
We don’t want David Turnbull and Mateus Perreira is of interest but we’re not as keen as we are on Buendia.

52 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Article in the athletic this morning is saying Buendia and Dwight McNeil are our main targets. They are not replacements for Jack and plan for him to still be here next season (the Daily Mail say City going to break record for him). 
We don’t want David Turnbull and Mateus Perreira is of interest but we’re not as keen as we are on Buendia.

Yet and watch is bring in someone totally different to all these names floating around.

99% bull crap, the UK media mite get one or two right by luck

5 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

I think most of us worry that if we don't make that kind of progress we will lose Jack and then that will put us back quite a bit.  And once you lose your best players - as we have in the past - you then start to look like a selling club again.

The owners are ambitious and have the wherewithal to invest at that level - why would you not what them to do it and see us competing at the top end of the table.  We aren't a million miles away, assuming we keep Jack and Ollie, and could certainly, with another good summer of recruitment, challenge the tier below the three NW clubs and Chelski??  

We've worried about losing him since the year we got relegated. And he's still here having signed a new deal only months ago. 

If the owners want to spend £150 million this summer then that's fine with me. I don't really care either way. 

I'm bored of worrying about Jack leaving and I'm also more than happy for us to build sensibly and slowly, if that means the likes of Carney get to develop with us. 

• Like 3

I keep seeing so much talk of strikers, playmakers and wingers, but how about the DM position? What can we look at there? 

I like McGinn, Luiz and Sanson, but to me they are all fighting it out for the same position. And I've seen enough of Luiz and McGinn to know that partnership isn't what we need. 

• Like 1

What do we think we will do to replace Elmo and Taylor? Guilbert potentially although I can see him leaving along with Engels. 

Personally I’d try to buy Tuanzebe, and then we should have enough cover across the back with Cash, Targett, Konsa, Mings, Tuanzebe and Hause. The kids could offer further cover. 

18 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I keep seeing so much talk of strikers, playmakers and wingers, but how about the DM position? What can we look at there?  

Only link so far is Pape Sarr at Metz. 

23 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I like McGinn, Luiz and Sanson, but to me they are all fighting it out for the same position. And I've seen enough of Luiz and McGinn to know that partnership isn't what we need. 

Nakamba played 90 or near enough in 6 games for 5 wins and 1 draw including wins against Arsenal Leeds Spurs Chelsea 

36 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We've worried about losing him since the year we got relegated. And he's still here having signed a new deal only months ago. 

If the owners want to spend £150 million this summer then that's fine with me. I don't really care either way. 

I'm bored of worrying about Jack leaving and I'm also more than happy for us to build sensibly and slowly, if that means the likes of Carney get to develop with us. 

It's boring talking about it but some people love to dwell on it

14 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Nakamba played 90 or near enough in 6 games for 5 wins and 1 draw including wins against Arsenal Leeds Spurs Chelsea 

He's not good enough for a regular starting DM.