Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Smith has said he doesn't think we need much strengthening, not sure if we're going to be buying the winger and striker that many have been anticipating, recently he's said that whether we go for a striker will depend on how Wesley is looking, and he's also said he expects Traore to be even better next season. Wouldn't be surprised if we just signed an attacking midfielder to replace Barkley and Hourihane.

5 hours ago, Awol said:

Assists, goals, combative, still improving but already proven in the Championship and PL. Our own @Villan4Life says he’s 100% worth the money at £40M and is top of my summer wishlist. 

Is it just me who thinks the chance of another PL club selling us their best player for £40m is almost zero?

I would still like to sign him but I don't think it'll happen for that kind of money.

Not sure I'd agree he's proven to score goals in the PL either. He got a total of 1 from 40 shots last time. I think it's likely he'll be better this time round but it's not a sure thing.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Smith has said he doesn't think we need much strengthening, not sure if we're going to be buying the winger and striker that many have been anticipating, recently he's said that whether we go for a striker will depend on how Wesley is looking, and he's also said he expects Traore to be even better next season. Wouldn't be surprised if we just signed an attacking midfielder to replace Barkley and Hourihane.

He also said that our starting 11 is good but there's a lack of depth. I'd be amazed if we signed just 1 player this summer.

12 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Is it just me who thinks the chance of another PL club selling us their best player for £40m is almost zero?

I would still like to sign him but I don't think it'll happen for that kind of money.

Not sure I'd agree he's proven to score goals in the PL either. He got a total of 1 from 40 shots last time. I think it's likely he'll be better this time round but it's not a sure thing.

His goal return is much better this year in the championship, but the more important metric (imo) is chances created - for which Buendia was 4th in the Prem the previous season. Without Jack that’s the single point of failure in our squad, but together I think they’d create enough for Watkins to rattle 25-30 goals next season. A fast tricky winger just doesn’t offer that level of football intelligence and creativity for others. 

It would cost, but he’s gettable: 

• Like 3

I had a look on a Norwich forum and even they were talking around £35m for Buendia, and I suspect at that price Norwich will seriously consider selling him, one there's a good chance that they will go down with or without him in the team, and two if he doesn't live up to expectations no one will pay near that for him at the end of the season anyway, so Norwich might as well get as much for him as they can now, it's not as if  clubs were queuing up to play big money for him after his last season in the premier league, chances are his value might drop after a season in the premier league.

People on here seem to have an habit of over valuing other teams players, I remember last summer Benrahma being talked about as a £30m plus player and in some cases even £40m, and also insisting that he'd end up somewhere like Chelsea, but he went to West Ham for £20m and is pretty much a back up option for them.

10 minutes ago, Awol said:

His goal return is much better this year in the championship, but the more important metric (imo) is chances created - for which Buendia was 4th in the Prem the previous season. Without Jack that’s the single point of failure in our squad, but together I think they’d create enough for Watkins to rattle 25-30 goals next season. A fast tricky winger just doesn’t offer that level of football intelligence and creativity for others. 

It would cost, but he’s gettable: 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57104748

Stuart Webber: Norwich City sporting director says club 'not scared' of selling players

Norwich City sporting director Stuart Webber says the possibility of selling key players "doesn't scare" them as they prepare for the Premier League.

Playmakers Emi Buendia and Todd Cantwell - and right-back Max Aarons - have all been linked with summer moves.

But Webber says it would take a bid in excess of the £25m paid for Ben Godfrey last year for any of them to leave.

"It might be the end of the journey for some of them, it might be a club comes in that is off the scale," he said.

He added to BBC Look East: "One of them may go, maybe two or all three of them will go, who knows - but the facts are that this team isn't about one or two players. For us to be successful in the Premier League it's going to be how does the squad of 20 do, not if one player performs brilliantly.

"When we sold James Maddison [to Leicester] everyone thought it was the end of the world and then a guy called Emi Buendia turned up - when Ben Godfrey left [for Everton] it was the end of the world and a guy called Ben Gibson turned up, and that's football."

40 minutes ago, useless said:

Not heard him say that and there's absolutely no chance of that. We might finish 11th and the aim is the very top. That may as well be pie in the sky unless we invest heavily in several players this summer. We have no suitable cover for the back 4 and our midfield is kitten soft.

You'd have to be mentally ill to genuinely believe we only need 1 or 2 players. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

I think our spend is likely to be similar to the last two summers maybe a little less and I think the marquee signing will be a left winger which means Jack will move centrally, next top spend will be decent striker to push Ollie after that I think we are pretty solid as long as DS see DL as the long term DM.