Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

11 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Why are people making shit up?

I recall Lange being extra secretive and so annoyed that a deal was leaked that he cancelled it!

I think you're making shit up there mate sorry.

31 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Any idea who that player was Jas?

Was around the time Callum Wilson was being linked to us and apparently “chose” Newcastle. Don’t know if it was him or someone else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, useless said:

I wrote: 'When Smith says we're going to be targetting mainly UK based players it's not some sort of conspiracy, he's got no reason to say it if it wasn't true.'

You replied: 'He didn’t say we’re going to be targeting them. He said we did, last summer.'

To which I quite reasonably pointed out that Smith has previously said this: '"We wanted a British feel about us but that’s not to say we will turn our noses up at good deals abroad, argued Smith. We expect player recruitment to be harder because of Brexit, so young, British talent is what we’re looking for.'

So yes Smith has said we're going to be targetting young English players.

My take on this is that they're targeting English, but will sign anyone if the ability and money is right.  Not sure brexit makes any difference whatsoever to signing people outside the EU... so we may even add to our Brazilian contingent ;).

Definitely not worth arguing about at this stage. If we are going for British,  I'm on board with the Buendia bandwagon.

13 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

My take on this is that they're targeting English, but will sign anyone if the ability and money is right.  Not sure brexit makes any difference whatsoever to signing people outside the EU... so we may even add to our Brazilian contingent ;).

Definitely not worth arguing about at this stage. If we are going for British,  I'm on board with the Buendia bandwagon.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Really?

Well I hope you’ve fixed that faulty crap.

We'd better stop speculating wouldn't want Johan pulling the plug on any potential deals if we guessed right 🤣

8 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

We'd better stop speculating wouldn't want Johan pulling the plug on any potential deals if we guessed right 🤣

Are you deranged?

And stupid?

It’s nothing to do with us/fans…

There was a leak in the press/media and it was reported that Lange cancelled a deal due to it.

That is all.

FFS give it a rest and move on with your life.

Edited by Jas10

19 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Ah sorry petal but my bullshitometer just wouldn't stop going off 🙂

There was a story along those lines last summer. I thought was more along the lines of we were in talks with a player, then the news gets leaked, probably by players agent and it turns out we were being used to progress said players signing to another club, so we backed out of talks. Im thinking Weston McKennie? Can’t remember exact details.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

You’ve got a few screws loose, need that head examined.

All right mate fair enough. Just be wary of posting utter bollocks though someone will always call you out for it 👌

Just now, zab6359 said:

All right mate fair enough. Just be wary of posting utter bollocks though someone will always call you out for it 👌

The only one talking bollocks is you, you have issues.

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

There was a story along those lines last summer. I thought was more along the lines of we were in talks with a player, then the news gets leaked, probably by players agent and it turns out we were being used to progress said players signing to another club, so we backed out of talks. Im thinking Weston McKennie? Can’t remember exact details.

So completely not what he said then 😂👍