Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Agree with most of the things they’ve said. Jordan definitely have a soft spot for us, without question. 

They’re right about Smith. They’ll back him again this summer but if he isn’t delivering, he’ll be replaced. We’ve set up a system whereby the head coach (Smith) can be replaced at any time and it not rock the club too much. I’m taking about the scouting, the stats, the science and the youth set up we have in place now. 

Previously, you’d sack a manager and he’d take everyone with him and you’d have to start again. The club have worked hard to make sure this doesn’t happen and that head coaches are judged on results, knowing they can be replaced if they don’t achieve them.

(I’d love us to be successful with Smith)

• Like 2

The more I think about it, the more I want us to sign a top quality DM and move Luiz into rotation with McGinn and Sanson.

There's no point signing a lot of attacking talent when our central midfield is soft as shit.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Wasn't sure how to clip it, starts at 2h 30. 

Thanks for sharing mate. Very interesting listen. I do like Jordan. He clearly likes the Villa and always bigs us up. We need more media spin like his to help raise our profile.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Paulie said:

Arrascaeta would be a phenomenal purchase.  You want to talk about bringing in another creative force to take the pressure off Jack... the guy is loved at Flamengo and is a magician.  Bicycle kicks, megs, incredible ball control, distribution, and finishing.

Don’t stop...

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148868dmcelrp7yams4b4xg

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not sure Smith will, but were going with him. Jordan on talk Sport earlier had a lot of positive to say about us as a club,  and then said Smith maybe the only weak link, so it's not only us.

Haha well you've made that sound much worse than it actually was. 

No surprise. Keep that desperation going.

• Like 2

Fair comments from Jordan.

Smith knows the pressures that come with spending if we go big again.

He's done nothing but meet or exceed expectations so far. Keep it coming.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Not sure Smith will, but were going with him. Jordan on talk Sport earlier had a lot of positive to say about us as a club,  and then said Smith maybe the only weak link, so it's not only us.

I think quite a few can see it to be fair, just a cluster of people that just don't want to hear it or admit it for some reason?

The summer transfer window cannot come quick enough imo.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Hang on, where the hell did Dean say we’re only looking at British or Prem based players in there? They were referring to the summer window and our activity back then (Emi, Cash, Ollie, Traore).

They didn’t even discuss the forthcoming window.

What BS!

Traore wasnt British based or British ;)  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think quite a few can see it to be fair, just a cluster of people that just don't want to hear it or admit it for some reason?

The summer transfer window cannot come quick enough imo.

Admit what? 

Did you actually listen to it?

He's not agreeing with you and the small gang that constantly criticise. He didn't criticise the job Smith's done at all. He used the phrase weak link in relation to our owners. He clarified it further by saying he doesn't think there are many top 6 managers out there. He also said he's unsure if Smith can take a team into the top 6. I love Dean Smith, but I'm not sure he can either. It's an incredibly difficult ask. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Admit what? 

Did you actually listen to it?

He's not agreeing with you and the small gang that constantly criticise. He didn't criticise the job Smith's done at all. He used the phrase weak link in relation to our owners. He clarified it further by saying he doesn't think there are many top 6 managers out there. He also said he's unsure if Smith can take a team into the top 6. I love Dean Smith, but I'm not sure he can either. It's an incredibly difficult ask. 

I thought he said that he thought that Dean was the weak link. He then went on to say he got us promoted but only off the back of the good work undertaken by his old mate Brucie! That bit made me laugh out loud.

Just now, M_Afro said:

I thought he said that he thought that Dean was the weak link. He then went on to say he got us promoted but only off the back of the good work undertaken by his old mate Brucie! That bit made me laugh out loud.

Think he meant Smith was the weak link compared to the plan which is fair enough, they want Villa to be an elite team and we mostly all love Deano but it does make sense in the long run. Doesnt mean they will dump Deano tomorrow unless they have somebody elite coming in

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Traore wasnt British based or British ;)  

The point was that he once played for Chelsea. In his young days.

And Prem experience was mentioned in there.

It’s irrelevant anyway and irrelevant going forwards, no one knows what we are going to do other than those involved in the running of the club.

He said he wanted that type of core and we have it, we’re looking to add quality now.

Edited by Jas10

Just now, Zatman said:

Think he meant Smith was the weak link compared to the plan which is fair enough, they want Villa to be an elite team and we mostly all love Deano but it does make sense in the long run. Doesnt mean they will dump Deano tomorrow unless they have somebody elite coming in

Exactly, it was in relation to the owners and and ambition. 

Our owners probably are near the top of the league in terms of wealth, ambition and commitment to the club.

Why are people making shit up?

There wasn’t any discussion on our forthcoming & future transfer activity!

Dean has always been coy about it and so has the club. I recall Lange being extra secretive and so annoyed that a deal was leaked that he cancelled it!

We’re not going to reveal our inner strategies to the bloody media and scummy journalists, why would we? It only makes our transfer business more difficult and alerts other clubs to what we are doing and who we are targeting…

That would be stupid and mad, we are not that - we are sensible and credible.

And there wasn’t really much talk of Dean being under pressure, they were actually impressed by the way he came across and how he didn’t downplay our ambitions (bloody love him, he cares so much about the club and is desperate to make us as successful as possible, always speak so well and demonstrates a lot of integrity & class).

The question was only brought up by Jordan, and I suppose it’s a valid question for an “outsider” to bring up. It was more wait and see rather than he’s gonna be under pressure and isn’t gonna be able to cut it or some other such crap.

Bloody hell.

There was no talk of him being under pressure right now and no mention or justification for sacking him in the short term, no one really engaged with his point either.

Stop making crap up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Brazilian mate just told me De Arrascaete is awesome, i am more convinced now :D

Would love that to be true but not sure he quite fits what we're after age/experience wise.

Brazilian Serie A straight to the Prem is a rarely trodden path and he'd be a significant outlay.

Type of player is bang on what we need.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1