Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

I wish we would put a bid in for Harry Kane.

Yes, I know we have zero chance of getting him, but imagine the reaction to it in the football world, show them all we are back and we mean business.

Would be brilliant to see the shock and jealousy at our impudence 🤣

• Like 2

2 hours ago, useless said:

When Smith says we're going to be targetting mainly UK based players it's not some sort of conspiracy, he's got no reason to say it if it wasn't true.

He didn’t say we’re going to be targeting them.

He said we did, last summer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, yayoboy said:

I wish we would put a bid in for Harry Kane.

Yes, I know we have zero chance of getting him, but imagine the reaction to it in the football world, show them all we are back and we mean business.

Would be brilliant to see the shock and jealousy at our impudence 🤣

or become a laughing stock that other players might be put off signing for us

Jordan speaks sense. Most of us want Smith to make this work but if he doesn't improve us after another big spend, NSWE won't hesitate to move on from him and rightly so.

I'd like nothing more than for him to be the man to take us into another golden age though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Would love that to be true but not sure he quite fits what we're after age/experience wise.

Brazilian Serie A straight to the Prem is a rarely trodden path and he'd be a significant outlay.

Type of player is bang on what we need.

I mean… he’s got to, at the very very least, be better than Barkley right?

Sometimes it’s worth taking an informed punt (backed up by good scouting, judgement and even data), it can work out sometimes…

We already have 3 South Americans in the squad, that should help…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Jordan speaks sense. Most of us want Smith to make this work but if he doesn't improve us after another big spend, NSWE won't hesitate to move on from him and rightly so.

I'd like nothing more than for him to be the man to take us into another golden age though.

He did. But he also lazily talked bout our spending last summer with no context as to why it was needed.

12 minutes ago, paul514 said:

The next step isn’t top 6 anyway.

Yeah, if we could finish 6th-8th next season that would be major progress, exceeding that would be massive. Considering how competitive and difficult the league is… there is quite a lot between the positions in that top half…

Edited by Jas10

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

He did. But he also lazily talked bout our spending last summer with no context as to why it was needed.

Nearly everyone does, it’s more than mildly annoying.,.

"We wanted a British feel about us but that’s not to say we will turn our noses up at good deals abroad, argued Smith. We expect player recruitment to be harder because of Brexit, so young, British talent is what we’re looking for. I believe that can improve us and we believe we can improve those players as well.We can improve them, their value. The fact that they can see a clear pathway for them now with England will help too.”

Birmingham Mail

• Like 1

Take this with a pinch of salt. I've heard this from someone very close to the club.
We'vd agreed a deal with FC Nordsjaelland to sign Kamaldeen Sulemana. Would be a exciting signing. 

• Haha 1

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

I did.

Unfortunately, you've taken it the wrong way.

Of course I have. Because you say so. 

Go on then. Go and have a drink and celebrate because Simon Jordan makes you feel better about having a moan.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Take this with a pinch of salt. I've heard this from someone very close to the club.
We'vd agreed a deal with FC Nordsjaelland to sign Kamaldeen Sulemana. Would be a exciting signing. 

Seems heavily linked with utd.

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Nearly everyone does, it’s more than mildly annoying.,.

But it seems Purslow, Wes and Nassef have their heads screwed on which is what matters.  **** what everyone else thinks.  That said I'm sure Dean himself would be the first to admit if he gets backed in the summer and doesn't get the results they want, he will probably be out of a job.  It's the nature of the job, he doesn't seem the type of guy who tries to make excuses and whinge, throwing everyone under the bus etc.  I see no reason to doubt he will get the right players in to improve us from what I've seen so far so I'm positive about next season, before even thinking about the youth players we might be adding to the squad.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, useless said:

When Smith says we're going to be targetting mainly UK based players it's not some sort of conspiracy, he's got no reason to say it if it wasn't true.

“Mainly” leaves plenty of wriggle room to sign a couple of Johnny Foreigners 😉

13 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Cool. Looks raw, but we lack back flip celebrations through the squad so it’s a yes from me. Would certainly add the pace we lack. 

incidentally I would prefer a very quick forward before Tammy, a Vardy style forward would be great.