Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Don't think we have a shot at Zaha, he'll stay put unless a CL or atleast a team in Europe come for him.

29 in November, will want massive wages and will be a big ego. He's a very good player and it'd be a coup to get him... But doubt he's on our list of targets and doubt he'd want to come here.

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

A very good player but I’ve never seen the bloke do anything other than moan and complain. 

Has he got an attitude problem?

Great player, I don’t want him near us though. We’ve got a bunch of hard working, likeable players who seem to get along. Zaha would be counter productive to that imo.

• Like 2

Don't think we'd sign Zaha in a million years for a number of reasons but I think he's one of those players you love to have for you and hate to have against you (through a combination of him being a cracking player as well as a wind-up merchant), and that sometimes gets misconstrued as him being a bad apple/having a poor attitude. Haven't ever seen Palace fans have such criticisms of him and they'd be the best gauge, he's essentially their Grealish.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Great player, I don’t want him near us though. We’ve got a bunch of hard working, likeable players who seem to get along. Zaha would be counter productive to that imo.

Yeh, agreed. 

• Like 1

Yunus Musah looks a good player, watched him for the US, only eighteen so lots of potential to develop, plays in Spain for Valencia but was brought up in the UK. Starting to wonder that we may go for someone like that to rotate with Traore, rather than signing a player to completely replace him straight away.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

Well two of them, Kante and Drinkwater. I just looked it up, Mahrez did two seasons after (I thought that he went the summer after). That's still 2 out of the 5 outstanding players in the team within a year and IMO the most important. The other regulars such as Morgan/Huth were also being replaced or phased out slowly. Vardy and Schmeichel are the only two from that team who are still regualrs when fit.

Drinkwater and Kante was not the same season, at least not according to google. 

So you reckon losing Kante and Drinkwater from their title winning first team over 2 years means their team was dismantled. Yeah, that's not the right word. That's how normal football clubs ideally are run.

But it's just semantics at this point. I'll let the David Mitchell rage die off and get so lunch.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Players on the way up, not players on the way down and ageing.

Massive fees and massive wages is not what we are about, we want players with longevity, potential and the ability to grow and progress with this young team.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Drinkwater and Kante was not the same season, at least not according to google. 

So you reckon losing Kante and Drinkwater from their title winning first team over 2 years means their team was dismantled. Yeah, that's not the right word. That's how normal football clubs ideally are run.

But it's just semantics at this point. I'll let the David Mitchell rage die off and get so lunch.

Kante was sold in 2016 - initially replaced with Mendy (who got a long term injury) and then further replaced with Ndidi in Jan 2017

Drinkwater sold in 2017 - replaced with Silva (although we then had the whole 14 seconds too late crap)

Mahrez sold in 2018 - replaced with Ghezzal, but we also changed system to implement Maddison as an AM to help make up for the loss of Mahrez goals and assists

We only ever sold 3 of our title winning team; Drinkwater wasn't that much of a loss, we got a brilliant replacement for Kante with Ndidi, Mahrez we replaced by getting goals and assists from other areas of the pitch

Edited by Fox1884
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fox1884 said:

Kante was sold in 2016 - initially replaced with Mendy (who got a long term injury) and then further replaced with Ndidi in Jan 2017

Drinkwater sold in 2017 - replaced with Silva (although we then had the whole 14 seconds too late crap)

Mahrez sold in 2018 - replaced with Ghezzal, but we also changed system to implement Maddison as an AM to help make up for the loss of Mahrez goals and assists

We only ever sold 3 of our title winning team; Drinkwater wasn't that much of a loss, we got a brilliant replacement for Kante with Ndidi, Mahrez we replaced by getting goals and assists from other areas of the pitch

Can you imagine the team you have now with Mahrez and Kante in it?! 

15 minutes ago, Fox1884 said:

Exactly.