Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

The money we received for Dwight Yorke is still the fourth most we've received for a player, Southgate is in the top ten as well.

Since we sold David Platt in 1991 only twelve players since have moved for bigger fees.

This all according tranfermarkt, they're not always accurate but gives you a rough idea of the situation.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, JamieZ said:

If Werder Bremen are relegated, it is likely they'll be selling their most desirable players to finance a 2. Bundesliga rebuild. Their finances were hit hard by the pandemic and word is they're willing to let Josh Sargent go in addition to Milot Rashica. It seems Sargent is most likely to go to another Bundesliga club like Eintracht Frankfurt, VfB Stuttgart, or Borussia Mönchengladbach, but we could do a lot worse than him as a striking option. He's gotten a lot of practice dropping deep and holding the ball up at Bremen, but he's also shown he can actually score given service.

spacer.png

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Awol said:

Can’t we get this guy in as the risky foreign league purchase, and Buendia as the English league proven safe signing for the right? Two South American wizards in for around £60m or less and our chance creation problem evaporates.

These two, Jack and Ollie as a front four with Traore and Wes in the mix (and AEG for those who think we should keep him) would be pretty potent. 

I Hope Please GIF

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Plus if anything finishing top 6 is easy, staying there is even tougher. No chance West Ham are near the top 6 next season without huge investment 

Oh god yes, that's why they spend so much money. 

In my opinion when you are an absolute guaranteed top ten team and it all clicks you can challenge on a one off season., maybe you make it one year.
You won't be getting close the following season without a couple of new top players that hit the ground running. We are a year or two off yet if things go well.

Edited by paul514

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Oh god yes, that's why they spend so much money. 

In my opinion when you are an absolute guaranteed top ten team and it all clicks you can challenge on a one off season., maybe you make it one year.
You won't be getting close the following season without a couple of new top players that hit the ground running. We are a year or two off yet if things go well.

Yeah but what if we get Koopmeiners? 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, useless said:

I made no reference to talksport, I don't listen to talksport, I only made reference to the fact that Dean Smith has said in his own words that we're going to be looking at young English talent because brexit will maker player recruitment harder.

I think that is always going to be the case players like Cash last season. Doesn't in anyway mean exclusively I'd be extremely surprised if we didn't sign foreign players in the summer I don't think we would have gone to all the effort of putting together the current recruiting team if we were only looking at the English market.

Why do people want Buendia. He is a good player but isn't a clear upgrade in traore and we should be looking higher for our players. Plus he'd cost nearly 40 mil himself. Norwich selling him practically guarantees relegation so I don't see it happening.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Why do people want Buendia. He is a good player but isn't a clear upgrade in traore and we should be looking higher for our players. Plus he'd cost nearly 40 mil himself. Norwich selling him practically guarantees relegation so I don't see it happening.

He creates a lot of chances, however when you reach the price of 40 million there are very serious options abroad which I think are better.

3 hours ago, useless said:

The money we received for Dwight Yorke is still the fourth most we've received for a player

Think that stat isn’t quite right. Benteke (£32m), Milner (£26m), Young (£16m), Downing (£20m) off the top of my head.

1 hour ago, Enda said:

Think that stat isn’t quite right. Benteke (£32m), Milner (£26m), Young (£16m), Downing (£20m) off the top of my head.

They list Yorke too high and Young too low from what I can see. Several other players got the wrong fee as well.

But he has a point. Our transfer dealings historically aren't sustainable or impressive.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

4 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Assists, goals, combative, still improving but already proven in the Championship and PL. Our own @Villan4Life says he’s 100% worth the money at £40M and is top of my summer wishlist. 

I think he could offer a similar output from the right that Jack does from the left, completely changing how teams have to approach closing us down and making us much more dangerous going forward. 

A massive upgrade on Traore imo, and consistent. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Yes, and I was referring to the Talksport interview, nothing else.

Fine, leave it there, crossed wires and what not.

Certainly not worth arguing over.

@useless didn't mention talksport at all. Useless mentioned that we might go British a few days ago (?). 

Talksport interview was uploaded in relation to Dean Smith being the weak link in regards to taking us into the top 6.

9 hours ago, JamieZ said:

If Werder Bremen are relegated, it is likely they'll be selling their most desirable players to finance a 2. Bundesliga rebuild. Their finances were hit hard by the pandemic and word is they're willing to let Josh Sargent go in addition to Milot Rashica. It seems Sargent is most likely to go to another Bundesliga club like Eintracht Frankfurt, VfB Stuttgart, or Borussia Mönchengladbach, but we could do a lot worse than him as a striking option. He's gotten a lot of practice dropping deep and holding the ball up at Bremen, but he's also shown he can actually score given service.

Like that, Sargent would be a good signing for us.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Hang on, where the hell did Dean say we’re only looking at British or Prem based players in there? They were referring to the summer window and our activity back then (Emi, Cash, Ollie, Traore).

They didn’t even discuss the forthcoming window.

What BS!

Still a great reason to have a moan about only signing championship players.