Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

8 hours ago, TRO said:

got to be a few in there that interest us....Eduardo Camavinga or Ryan Gravenberch?

That's what I mean with unfortunately most of them already play for a "big" club in the CL or have been linked with moves to huge clubs

Both of those played CL this season, ajax will again next year, camavinga was linked with a mega money move to Real Madrid and now bayern, Gravenberch is a bit more made up media garbage but you can see links to Liverpool, Chelsea, barca, both are full internationals at 18 years old

They don't come to villa 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's what I mean with unfortunately most of them already play for a "big" club in the CL or have been linked with moves to huge clubs

Both of those played CL this season, ajax will again next year, camavinga was linked with a mega money move to Real Madrid and now bayern, Gravenberch is a bit more made up media garbage but you can see links to Liverpool, Chelsea, barca, both are full internationals at 18 years old

They don't come to villa 

These 2 along with players like oyarzabal amongst others mentioned and you can really see why what Dean has done isn't enough for some supporters.

We were a championship side 2 years ago and now we are expected to be interested in the best young players in the world? Realism on this forum has hit a new low. 

Disappointed that we didn't go for Bellingham is another one. 😂😂

• Like 3

I don't see the hype with Bissouma yet. He's a good, tidy player for sure, but not sure why he's getting put in the 40m+ bracket. Buendia too. I'd say 20 to 25m each. Just my opinion.

27 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I think both will cost at least 90m

difficult to say isn't it? Depends on contractual status and club finances. But I think it's more likely you will see Bissouma move for £ 40 million than Buendia. Buendia will be valued high IMO.

52 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I don't see the hype with Bissouma yet. He's a good, tidy player for sure, but not sure why he's getting put in the 40m+ bracket. Buendia too. I'd say 20 to 25m each. Just my opinion.

I think the question is more what he’s worth to Norwich as their stand out star player (much better than Cantwell, imo). 

I’ve heard a few pundits price Bissouma in the 40-50 range. 

We should look for better value then. We'll struggle to get the elite forward players we need and spending a fortune on a decent but not special CM. It is a key position of need but I think we can do better for 30m. Plenty of teams in Europe will need cash and have players just as good if not significantly better.

Edited by Mazrim
  • Like 2

When shopping at Uber Eats ligue 1 this summer I hope we target Romain Favire from Brest... 

https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/player-analysis-romain-faivre/

Brest’s star man is a versatile attacking midfielder capable of playing off either flank or in the middle as a number 10, and this adaptability is crucial for any modern footballer; he can plug any hole that may arise

Only Steve Mounié takes more shots per 90 in the Brest squad than Faivre’s 1.7, which incidentally is more than both Kai Havertz and Bernardo Silva are taking per 90 in the Premier League this season, and the France U-21 international contributes defensively as well. Making 2.5 tackles and interceptions per 90, only slightly less than Tottenham’s Tanguy Ndombélé’s 2.7 despite playing much more advanced than the Spurs man, Faivre helps with the dirty work, something that creative midfielders are becoming more frequently asked to do.

To add to that defensive contribution, his close control is immaculate, and the ball often seems glued to his foot, akin to Manchester City’s Riyad Mahrez. Just like the Algerian international, Faivre’s first touch is crisp and delicate, and for a 22-year-old, he always seems to make the right decision with precise accuracy and his set-piece deliveries are a notable quality.

He plays in a similar fashion to AZ Alkmaar’s Calvin Stengs and standing at 5”11, he stands out from the diminutive wingers and No.10s we see in world football. With an xG + xA per 90 tally of 0.37, better than Giovanni Reyna’s 0.36 and only 0.01 behind Leicester’s James Maddison, Faivre is a severely underrated creative force, and if he continues this fine form then clubs fighting for Champions League football will be sniffing around very soon.

Also just for the name alone as others have mentioned we should look at Silas Wamangituka or is he Silas Mvumpa Katompa... and whilst shopping at Stuggart how about a cheeky bid for Sasa Kalajdzic to support Watkins.

Both Favire & Kalajdzic have the potential to progress in to top class players and would no doubt be available for well over half what Tammy and McNeil would cost us... 

It all depends on what the owners expected from the initial 2 seasons. If we were an established Premier League team and they backed the manager in 2 summers with 250m transfer kitty you’d expect a top 4 challenge.  But that amount has had to be spent just to actually build a squad to keep us in the league, such was the work that need to be done.  

Will they continue to spend the same way every season? 

• Like 1

I think they plan to spend fairly big this summer. Top 6 will be the aim. I reckon they feel the plan is on schedule and needs another shot in the arm to step up again.

They know it's a critical crossroads. Investment this summer can make all the difference.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It all depends on what the owners expected from the initial 2 seasons. If we were an established Premier League team and they backed the manager in 2 summers with 250m transfer kitty you’d expect a top 4 challenge.  But that amount has had to be spent just to actually build a squad to keep us in the league, such was the work that need to be done.  

Will they continue to spend the same way every season? 

They've pretty much all said that they're willing to do that, and it'll take a few windows.  Compared to most clubs I think we are fairly impact-proof when it comes to covid.

6 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I think they plan to spend fairly big this summer. Top 6 will be the aim. I reckon they feel the plan is on schedule and needs another shot in the arm to step up again.

They know it's a critical crossroads. Investment this summer can make all the difference.

Exactly. The rules impose limits on what we can spend, but I think recruitment will be dictated more by the players we want, rather than how much they cost - assuming they agreed to join us. 

25 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

That’s the sense I get. Call it a gut feeling. We will be looking for good value in Europe again, look at the value in how we negotiated down the cost of Sanson versus what Marseille wanted a year earlier. We had the resources to move early too. I would imagine there’s probably some deals already in place. 

• Like 1

It’s unrealistic to expect all our young players to step up next season but I would love to see Barry, Carney, JPA, B Young, Kessler, Ramsey, Raihky be the ones to bulk up our squad next season as back ups if we focus on strengthening first team places and match day squad. 

The outs will be current subs who’s replacements get in or directly challenge the first team. I also think we will sign a lot already in the UK. I’m not adding Luiz and Grealish to the outs.

Out: Hourihane, Elmo, Taylor, Engels, Trez (injured) or El Ghazi, Nakamba, Wesley (loan), Barkley (bin)

Seems pretty likely atleast 5 of that 8 will be leaving so I expect 5 in of better quality. 

In: Sander Berge, Emi Buendia, Tammy Abraham, Michael Olise, Dwight Mcneil

Unknown: centre back, left back, right back. Happy with Scandinavian/Eastern European wonderkids as is my football manager style.

On the above there is no way we have 8 out 9 in but we will have it targeted and make the hard decisions within our budget. Wingers, Defensive mid and back up defenders probably the priority.