Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

45 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I've heard this as well. Surely that can't be right though. How can a player have no say in a transfer? Would it stand up in court if Luiz kicked off? 

I can't see how it could. 

I think there must be some way because it happens in the NBA all the time and while a different country we are that much different re legal Human Rights are we.

15 hours ago, paul514 said:

I don't even know why we talk about Luiz going to Man City, it is something completely out of our control.... if he goes he goes.

We would just buy another player and hope it works out, by the time the window opens properly this will be done with one way or another.

Plus pocket the 35m or whatever the fee is now. In this covid world that feels like a very large transfer fee and could by a more than adequate replacement.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think there must be some way because it happens in the NBA all the time and while a different country we are that much different re legal Human Rights are we.

I know it exists in American sports but I've not seen examples of it in the prem. 

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I suppose he already has had his say when he agreed to the contract in the first place? Obviously again I don’t know anything.

Ah ok, I guess luiz agreed to coming back if the clause was activated when he joined. That makes more sense. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Ah ok, I guess luiz agreed to coming back if the clause was activated when he joined. That makes more sense. 

That’s just a guess, but I suppose it makes sense. It does seem odd that it could potentially be against his current wishes though, even if he signed it in the past. If that is the case then it’s just one of those things. I do really like Luiz but I don’t think he’s good enough to be in Man City’s midfield, not yet anyway, so I would be quite surprised if he did go in the summer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

That’s just a guess, but I suppose it makes sense. It does seem odd that it could potentially be against his current wishes though, even if he signed it in the past. If that is the case then it’s just one of those things. I do really like Luiz but I don’t think he’s good enough to be in Man City’s midfield, not yet anyway, so I would be quite surprised if he did go in the summer.

True. I do still find it hard to believe a player would have no say in being moved from one club to another. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

True. I do still find it hard to believe a player would have no say in being moved from one club to another. 

Yes I'm no lawyer but I think if they took it to court then the player's freedom to choose where he works would win the day.  There would probably have to be compensation paid to City.  Tbh while Guardiola knows a lot of the dark arts of football I can't see him agreeing to the club signing him back just to sell him on.  I think he is a player that Pep would want, it's a very reasonable fee and I suspect most of the rest of their budget will go towards trying to get a deal for Messi.  I've no doubt we already have players we want lined up in case he does leave.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Signing a contract to say you would move back on certain terms then changing your mind doesn't count as having no say though. Plenty of people sign contracts and immediately regret it, doesn't mean they have any legal avenue to challenge the validity of it.

3 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Plus pocket the 35m or whatever the fee is now. In this covid world that feels like a very large transfer fee and could by a more than adequate replacement.

I just don't think it is worth fretting about, it either happens or it doesnt by the third week of June, it isn't like the date is 31st August so it hangs over us like a dark cloud.

• Like 2

I think it is about filling in the gaps in the summer with maybe 1 big suprise

Lookman at striker / wing would be nice with Davis leaving

Robinson at full back would be nice with Taylor leaving

Viktor Nelsson from Copenhagen woild be nice at CB with Engels leaving.

and then a big big signing in midfield  to be either

A DM if Dougie goes back to City.

An AM if he doesnt . 

That makes a scarily balanced squad with Carney and Bidace maybe breaking through into matchday teams

10 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Add Bissouma to the list please Villa.

He is something else. Exactly the player we are crying out for. He wouldn’t be cheap but if we are going to get to the next level, these are the sorts of players we need to be investing in.

19 hours ago, nick76 said:

They have collective bargaining deals in US sports which is not possible in European football

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

He is something else. Exactly the player we are crying out for. He wouldn’t be cheap but if we are going to get to the next level, these are the sorts of players we need to be investing in.

Exactly the player we need, been watching him for months and would be a top target for me. You are right he wouldn’t be cheap but they’ve huge debts and I think we could get him.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Add Bissouma to the list please Villa.

Pretty sure he'll be a man in demand this summer. Can see a number of very good midfields he goes in. Chelsea are crying out for this kind of player as Kante replacement. Man city? I see Liverpool were linked in January. I don't see him as realistic now. He will go to a champions League side. As much as I think he would be an excellent signing.

Edited by Mjvilla
  • Like 1

Just now, Mjvilla said:

Pretty sure he'll be a man in demand this summer. Can see a number of very good midfields he goes in. Chelsea are crying out for this kind of player as Kanye replacement. Man city? I see Liverpool were linked in January. I don't see him as realistic now. He will go to a champions League side. As much as I think he would be an excellent signing.

I can’t see Chelsea going for him but agree on Liverpool but at this rate they may well miss out on the CL. Regardless we should be trying, if we can’t get him fair enough but I suspect financially we will be in a better position than most this summer and we really need to be ambitious to keep progressing and keep hold of Jack.

• Like 1

I think we need 2 central midfield players in the summer. 

It's starting to look like Barkley isn't going to be as nailed on to try and sign as it first seemed and I think we need to improve on Mcginn if we have higher ambitions. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think we need 2 central midfield players in the summer. 

It's starting to look like Barkley isn't going to be as nailed on to try and sign as it first seemed and I think we need to improve on Mcginn if we have higher ambitions. 

Isn’t Sanson McGinns competition ? Agree about Barkley and yes please To Bissouma.