Match Thread: Villa v West Ham

limpid

1 minute ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

McGinn is slowly starting to look like he isn't a top flight player. 

Tbh I don’t think he ever was, all he had was his running about but he can’t even do that now 

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Knackered that's why chap. Lack of subs will come back to haunt us I said 5-6 games ago.

McGinn looked knackered this season before he even kicked a ball. Has he ever recovered from that injury last year? Doesn't look like it to me. He's just not been the same player at all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, meregreen said:

We don’t seem to have any plan B. If things are not going well, we simply look lost. Jack has been ineffective out wide, so try him in a more central role. Try something else, anything 🤔🤔

I've said this about DS since he was appointed.  He only knows how to play 1 way and if that fails... :shrug:

Just now, UpTheVilla26 said:

McGinn is slowly starting to look like he isn't a top flight player. 

I really wish I disagreed with this comment but you’re right. He’s not bad, but he isn’t going to take us to the next level. Central midfield is starting to become a problem area for us and McGinn’s sloppiness in possession is a big part of that problem. 

Love the guy, love the intensity but the quality just isn’t there on a consistent basis is it? 

• Like 2

Just now, WooJung said:

That Coufal is such a pleasant lad, isn't he? 

He’s been the epitome of why we are losing today it’s one of those men against boys today, they are like the bully holding someone at arms length and tormenting them.

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Absolutely. Me too. But you just know the usual crowd will be out in force to get on the manager. 

With no plausible or gettable alternative except for some foreign manager that most people on VT have never heard of.🤣

• Like 1

Surprised at the praise for West Ham. They look very standard to me. Done nothing surprising.

We've gifted them the ball 40 yards from our goal time and time again.

There's nothing to be said for our tactics/formation/whatever today. When the players play like this nothing is saving you.

El Ghazi and Barkley embarrassing.