Match Thread: Villa v West Ham

limpid

El Ghazi on the right just doesn't work ( saying that he's appetite to work and body language has been horrendous, you can bring that regardless of position ) he's too weak on the right to beat anyone down the line. Watkins has been immense, header aside.

Just now, jim said:

Poor half, we seem to be playing with arrogance and complacency. Trying little tricks and sloppy passing.

I thought that last match and against Burnley to a degree, but today I think we've looked just unfocused and with little energy. It's like we're not there. 

Picked up a bit the last 10 min mind. 

Barkley has been utter shite. And it's pretty clear we're missing Traore right, cause we are so one dimensional in where we're moving the ball. 

Don't think it was too bad of a half, even if underwhelming. Outside of having a decent amount of shots they haven't actually created anything too worrying, other end of the pitch has seen a combination of them in fairness being well organised and us having a couple of players well off the pace.

El Ghazi might have played more games on the right but I think it's quite clear he's more effective generally on the left. Traore not only offers more of a balance to our play in that position but I think is just outright the better player so I wouldn't be surprised to see him come on at some stage (iN THe 91st MiNuTE hAhA).

Why is anyone suggesting subs at half time?

It's not gonna happen unless there's an injury or tactical decision to be made.

You take stock, look how it's going, discuss, agree a plan then give yourselves a few mins to change it up.

Ridiculous to sub people because they've played ok in one half.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThornburyVilla said:

Very lucky to go in 0-0, changes needed. We cannot be out thought and played by Moyes!! 

not really lucky. WHU haven't been very sharp either. but very poor half from us.

The midfield is weak. McGinn offering nothing. Grealish being doubled up on by two full backs and it takes 40 minutes for Smith to get him to switch to the right. We miss the unpredictable Traore and surely Sansom has to offer something better than what we have or otherwise why buy him!

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

I thought that last match and against Burnley to a degree, but today I think we've looked just unfocused and with little energy. It's like we're not there. 

Picked up a bit the last 10 min mind. 

Barkley has been utter shite. And it's pretty clear we're missing Traore right, cause we are so one dimensional in where we're moving the ball. 

Game you watching ? He's not been fantastic but he's been decent 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

This isn't terrible. It's just not near where we have been this season.

Midfield is missing in action. We're not getting the ball to stick and we're not getting at West Ham, we're doing everything on front of them and ponderous with it. The sharpness isn't there and we look a little off colour again.

Need to change things. But we won't because Smith doesn't change things.

• Like 1