Match Thread: Villa v West Ham

limpid

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Game you watching ? He's not been fantastic but he's been decent 

Yeah he's been better, he does some stuff that's missed, Watkins doesn't hit the post unless Barkley makes that run and he's the only player we have who will make that run

Barkley has been OK, no worse than the others, no one really having any influence out there and Luiz and McGinn are really struggling when we're out of possession, West ham so far too much space 

We as a team just need to get on the ball more

• Like 1

Thought Watkins did very well in that half - I admire his effort as always and he has caught Dawson out on more than few occasions. Would like to see us being a bit more direct and exploiting that. 

Much of the team look jaded but West Ham can be got at I feel. 

Just now, bcarpet said:

I think I'm on my own here reading the comments but I thought McGinn was playing ok. He grew into the game for me and was probably the only one of our midfield playing at an acceptable level

In fairness, I think he started really poorly but improved as the half went on, he was okay for the last twenty or so.

I‘D be enjoying this match if Villa weren’t playing in it and coming off slightly worse. Great flowing football with quite a lot of skill on display. W Ham are creating more chances atm. So we need to get more penetration in front of their goal. And keep calmer when we do get a shot - we have missed a few sitters.

Just now, smg said:

Part of the problem of playing well this season is that some expect us to be Barcelona every game, we are not we have had chances and are still level 

This. 

Let's not forget we're playing a team in 5th who are in absolute fine form right now. 

We have no right to be dominating them. We've defended well and created a few chances. Think some are going over the top. 

• Like 2

El ghazi is probably shitting himself not to make mistakes, thus has no confidence to try things, knowing he'll lose his place.  It's making him nervous (and poor).

Plus, he's on the wrong side.

Can't really blame him.  Not much chemistry between him and Cash yet, either.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Barkley seems like a West Ham player with the amount of times his touches end up with them getting possession.

Is El Ghazi on the pitch? Simply not suited for these games, he's a flat track bully. 

West Ham looking good, Lingard has given them an extra dimension. We need to improve our build up play.

Scored against Chelsea. 

He needs to run onto the ball. We playing into his feet every time because Barkley and mcginn are offering no support whenever cash gets the ball so it either goes into barkley with his back against a man or back to Luiz. 

1 minute ago, smg said:

Part of the problem of playing well this season is that some expect us to be Barcelona every game, we are not we have had chances and are still level 

Barcelona are dire, 2-0 down against Granada atm.

• Haha 1