Match Thread: Villa v West Ham

limpid

6 minutes ago, smg said:

Part of the problem of playing well this season is that some expect us to be Barcelona every game, we are not we have had chances and are still level 

As usual, why is there no in between?

We have been SHITE, full stop. No one is expecting us to be Barcelona.

We are expecting us to at least be able to pass it to our own team mates and not keep passing it to the opposition, as a starting point.

Good thing is, I'm confident we will improve in this half.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Just now, Michelsen said:

I felt Anwar probably deserved a chance. I was wrong 😬

He probably did but he has never played well for us on the right. He has only ever had a handful of good games in a Villa shirt and that’s from the left. 

Poor from Smith and the management tbh. If Traore needs a rest, Trezeguet should have played there because he is more suited to the right. 

1 minute ago, TRO said:

There are issues to be addressed, nothing to do with looking like Barcelona.

if we don't, we could easily lose another winnable game.

just because we are having a good season, is no need to toss points away.

I agree but comments like so and so is shit or the worst half this season don’t serve any purpose Essen they are false

El Ghazi has shown he’s much better than this. I’m not in a rush to get him off but if he continues to be this poor I really hope we don’t leave him on until the 89th minute.

Edit - Ouch, hes off. Glad we are being proactive but that’s gotta hurt for Anwar, what a waste of a chance. 

Edited by penguin

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Need a big reaction here, aeg gets 10 mins, show us the money or change it

I think it’s the first half that El Ghazi has never had a shot, that’s not like him.  Hopefully saving the corkers for the second half

I don't think Deano will change it at half time. He'll let them know they haven't been at it enough and assess for 15 minutes. I think the first change will be El Ghazi going off and Bertie coming on. Next change will be Barkley for Trez with Grealish going in the middle.