Pre match thread

VillaChris

Hmm... this is a difficult one to call I think. We’re a wounded animal, and players like Jack will be so keen to get three points here. On the other hand they’re a very good side. Maybe a 2-2 draw, I can see there being a few goals anyway

They're a good team capable of giving anyone a game, further along in their development than we are, think thisll be another team that fans underestimate and label as stuff like "got to win games like this" 

But they're also not in any kind of form and we're a good team capable of giving anyone a game too

Think they'll win, just hope it's not another one where they hit us early and we spend the game chasing them, I'd take a good performance and a draw 

• Like 1

At least it cant be as bad as the corresponding fixture last season. Truly painful viewing.

Interesting to see if we can beat their press. Have a lot more technically gifted players in the side now. Its winnable of course, but it always proves difficult against this lot. But im going to back us to shock a few and bounce back in style. 

0-2 Watkinsx2

• Like 1

No idea wha today's result will be, either side is capable of beating the other handsomely. 

I really do look forward to us playing at the moment though, we play football that is particularly easy on the eye and Jack gives you at least one moment in every game where your jaw drops.

Can't wait!

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

They're a good team capable of giving anyone a game, further along in their development than we are, think thisll be another team that fans underestimate and label as stuff like "got to win games like this" 

But they're also not in any kind of form and we're a good team capable of giving anyone a game too

Think they'll win, just hope it's not another one where they hit us early and we spend the game chasing them, I'd take a good performance and a draw 

Majority on here so far are predicting draw or defeat so I wouldn't say Southampton are being dismissed.

Interesting given they are actually below us and only won one of their last 7 so easily their worst form of the season (we're still in better form despite recent defeats) and they have key players out but just shows how predictions can be influenced if you're playing a team you have awful near decade record against.

Would be happy with a point here and then with two really good performances I think we can get 4 points from West Ham-Arsenal. Then the table starts looking very good again with lots of winnable games over next two months.

Less and we fall over the pace a bit although we can get back into the mix with another December run at some stage.

Just now, Nigel said:

We are going to give someone another pasting soon, we are making too many chances not to.

Why not here!

Haven't seen them enough in recent times to know if they still park their defence on thw halfway line. They did that v Spurs second game of the season and it was comical how Son and Kane kept running through to score so imagine they've pushed the backline back a bit since then looking at their defensive record which is pretty good when they're full strength.

I'm amazed a the lack of positivity in here. Yeah, we could lose tonight and I wouldn't rule it out but we've shown we're good enough to beat anyone. I'd never, ever write this team off. No reason at all why we can't win this. They need to channel the energy from the annoying Burnley game into a positive mood tonight.

4 hours ago, dubbs said:

I have a feeling we'll lose tonight.   They have some sort of hoodoo over us in recent times. 

Not just recent times.  We used to struggle in the 90s when we were good and they battling relegation.  Le Tiss would always score past us.

9 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Not just recent times.  We used to struggle in the 90s when we were good and they battling relegation.  Le Tiss would always score past us.

I'd forgotten about that ant-eater nosed b#stard!