Pre match thread

VillaChris

3 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I know it won't happen and we will probably start the same team as last night but I'd mix the midfield up and get some fresh legs in. Nakamba didn't put a foot wrong against Newcastle and although these are a much better side I think he can more than hold his own and get through the dirty work. Barkley has had a long time out and then a few games in a short space of time, so I'd have him on bench and bring him on in the last 30, hopefully fired up.  Trez on to give us a bit more protection to Cash, get him at full tilt for 60 then, as with Barkley, look to bringing on AEG or Bertrand. I think the starting eleven is a bit more conservative but I don't see that as a bad thing for this one. Let's be solid, hardworking, be at least 0-0 after 60 and not be 4-0 down, then push on for the win with fresh subs.   

Martinez

Cash        Konsa       Mings        Targett 

Nakamba       McGinn 

Ramsey 

Trez                 Watkins            Grealish 

Heaton, Hause, Engels, Samson, Luiz, Barkley, Davis, Traore, El Ghazi.

has he brought Delila with him.😀

• Haha 1

No way will Ramsey starts. Wouldnt mind sacrificing Barkley and bringing in Nakamba allowing Mcginn to play a more attacking role. Otherwise same team.  Barkley could be useful coming off the bench.  Thought he played well first half and his  link-up play with Grealish was  a joy to watch. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

This is huge for our season.

We're on the cusp of being a solid top-half team. We could easily slip to being one of the better of the rest. 

We can finish above some serious sides this season if we can eliminate errors and start taking the points we're earning.

I'd take a point here, no doubt.

I would start Sanson over Barkley.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, onmeedson said:

This is probably a good starting point to see how far we have come, just hope we have learnt from the last meeting.

its one thing learning.....its another thing doing something about it.

Henry Ford once said " Its not about what you know, its more about what you do".......sums it up for me.

• Like 1

Looks like they may be withour bertrand, walker peters and vestergaard. 3 very good players for them this season. They'll likely bring in valery at rb - can see him getting sent off if up against jack. Headless chicken. Vestergaard is z monster in the air so big loss for them if out

If Barkley and Traore starts i see us having very little chance getting anything out of this game.

Only thing i question is Trez fitness levels. If he can't start then that's fair enough and unfortunate and Traore will have to do.

But Sanson in for Barkley is a no brainer in my mind.

3 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Looks like they may be withour bertrand, walker peters and vestergaard. 3 very good players for them this season. They'll likely bring in valery at rb - can see him getting sent off if up against jack. Headless chicken. Vestergaard is z monster in the air so big loss for them if out

Both FBs they had were a significant downgrade v Arsenal, Vokins at left back had a nightmare v Saka so it's certainly an area we can exploit if we can get control of the midfield area which is always a problem v these.

I did read Bertrand was only suspended v Arsenal but good news for us if he's injured aswell.