Pre match thread

VillaChris

One of those games I’ve no idea how it’s going to go.  

I hope we play well, I hope if we get chances we take them tonight and I hope we have learnt or at least try not to give free kicks around the edge of the box.  

A good chance to go to 8th in the league if we can perform against a very good Southampton team.  They have some real game winners in Ings and Ward-Prowse, really need our defenders to do be better than last game.

C’mon Villa boys!

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've watched Man Utd, Arsenal, Everton, Newcastle, Fulham and West Brom today and I've got to say that none of them come anywhere near us in terms of being exciting to watch. With the forward players, the style and the intention we have to play the game we've got to be amongst the most exciting teams in the league to watch haven't we?

I was just saying the same thing at home. Three games I’ve watched today haven’t been great at all.

Nick Summerbee pre and in between commentating today on BEIN Sports.

The most depressing  pundit I have ever experienced.

He was on us last week as well. Hopefully not a bad omen.

He's got the personality of a re used Covid mask.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I feel like I should whisper it, but I’m feeling confident. I actually feel quite confident every time we play now, and today is no different, even considering our midweek agony and them being a bit of a bogey team. On our game, we can outplay the best of them, and while Soton are a good team, they are not the best of them. Take our chances and no silly set pieces, we win 3-0. Yep. 3-0. 

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've watched Man Utd, Arsenal, Everton, Newcastle, Fulham and West Brom today and I've got to say that none of them come anywhere near us in terms of being exciting to watch. With the forward players, the style and the intention we have to play the game we've got to be amongst the most exciting teams in the league to watch haven't we?

Not just the league, imo, but I’m not entirely without a certain level of bias. 

• Like 1