Pre match thread

VillaChris

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Gone for the strongest team again. No point chopping and chanting because of 20 poor minutes. I’m happy with that. 

Is Redmond really player right back? If so Jack and Target should have a field day!!

I like a good chant when i'm chopping.

• Haha 1

The one thing missing from Barkley's game is consistency.  Remember when you could count on one hand how many good games Grealish had ? Now it's the other way round. You can have all the God given talent in the World, but it won't amount to much without that vital ingredient called consistency. 

7 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

At least it cant be as bad as the corresponding fixture last season. Truly painful viewing.

Interesting to see if we can beat their press. Have a lot more technically gifted players in the side now. Its winnable of course, but it always proves difficult against this lot. But im going to back us to shock a few and bounce back in style. 

0-2 Watkinsx2

I went to last seasons game.  It was a real horror show. So much so that those Villa on Tour guys got attacked by morons. 

I really want us to win to erase some of that pain. 

My other away day last season was Crystal Palace. Oh what fun I had on tour! 

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It is. They’re less of a threat from set pieces which we seem to struggle to defend. 

We've conceded 5 set piece goals all season, and i'm pretty sure that stat includes the 2 Ward-Prowse freekicks in the previous game against Soton

So 3 from corners/crossed free kicks, not exactly what id call struggling

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I went to last seasons game.  It was a real horror show. So much so that those Villa on Tour guys got attacked by morons. 

I really want us to win to erase some of that pain. 

My other away day last season was Crystal Palace. Oh what fun I had on tour! 

Yeah not the best away days. What happened to Max? All kicked off with old bill at Selhurst too didnt it

3 minutes ago, andym said:

We've conceded 5 set piece goals all season, and i'm pretty sure that stat includes the 2 Ward-Prowse freekicks in the previous game against Soton

So 3 from corners/crossed free kicks, not exactly what id call struggling

Ok. 

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Yeah not the best away days. What happened to Max? All kicked off with old bill at Selhurst too didnt it

I don't know what actually happened even though they were only a couple of rows behind me. They didn't put a video up of the game,  nor I think the next couple before putting out a non specific statement then carrying on.