General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Can imagine Palace fans are fuming at our goal, I would be too of they scored it 

If the defender tried to play the ball then that's a foul imo but he doesn't he's trying to play Watkins and loses out 

From where I was (in line with it on the Trinity Road side) I thought if Watkins didn't score, the defender would have been sent off, he was pulling and pulling at Watkins and looked like he had his hands all over him from where I was sat. 

I haven't seen any replay or TV of it, but from my angle Watkins did really well to fight through a foul to get to the ball.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

From where I was (in line with it on the Trinity Road side) I thought if Watkins didn't score, the defender would have been sent off, he was pulling and pulling at Watkins and looked like he had his hands all over him from where I was sat. 

I haven't seen any replay or TV of it, but from my angle Watkins did really well to fight through a foul to get to the ball.

From the TV replay the Watkins shirt pulling looked more apparent to me 

But it was definitely both of them at it, the defender facing the wrong way the entire time says it all, he's trying to block the run rather than win the ball 

Another one where it might not be consistent and you can speculate that if Watkins did it to VVD it probably wouldn't be a goal but to be fair I don't think VVD would get himself in to that much of a mess position wise

17 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

So that 60 minute matches with stopped clock idea then…

It, or something similar, can't happen soon enough.

Injury time is an absolute farce

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It, or something similar, can't happen soon enough.

Injury time is an absolute farce

It is and has been for a long time, yet I've never seen it as bad as yesterday. The stoppage began on almost exactly 90 minutes and play didn't start again until almost exactly 92, so it was clear that we should be playing until 96 at least. I didn't expect that we'd get that long (nor that it would have made a difference), but I didn't expect the corruption/incompetence to be that severe and blatant.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

It is and has been for a long time, yet I've never seen it as bad as yesterday. The stoppage began on almost exactly 90 minutes and play didn't start again until almost exactly 92, so it was clear that we should be playing until 96 at least. I didn't expect that we'd get that long (nor that it would have made a difference), but I didn't expect the corruption/incompetence to be that severe and blatant.

Ederson sat on the floor for at least 90 seconds of the 4 mins injury time and the ref blew on 94:20

The 4 minutes injury time is a nonsense anyway. It's so arbitrary. And then they barely ever add stuff on.

The Man City vs Real Madrid Extra time was even worse to be honest. The ref blew up early :D 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Should they in some be forced to put out a statement explaining what went on in the play off final?

No they are untouchable. A report will go in behind closed doors, but we won't hear about it.

There's not a lot you can do when an incompetent, unfit ref gets a farewell game in which he demonstrates the former qualities in one of the most important games of the season.

And now he's retired, he gets to be the top boss of elite refs, despite being completely incompetent himself.

Tierney on VAR too, he's not retiring. He still has many years left. Either he's that incompetent that he didn't spot the obvious contact for either appeal or he didn't want to make his future boss look silly on his big goodbye.

Either way, the issue is deeply systematic and won't change.

4 hours ago, Xela said:

That was actually a really good watch, it’s rare something like that holds my attention but watched all of it. 

I don’t remember having much of an opinion on Jeff winter but he’s gone up in my estimation.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

That was actually a really good watch, it’s rare something like that holds my attention but watched all of it. 

I don’t remember having much of an opinion on Jeff winter but he’s gone up in my estimation.

It's a very good podcast. The two part Scott Howey one is excellent. Really worth a listen.

13 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Mike Riley who is General manager of refereeing is fighting for his job. Apparently, they have actually acknowledged the refereeing this season has been poor and he may be replaced.

Mike Dean to replace him? :D 

Â