General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

3 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Hands in the air, that was never a pen. Terrible call.

Can't really fault him thou as it worked (also he's a Sampdoria player). I fully blame the refs, all on them.

Probably be more upset if it wasn't a glorified friendly rather than a proper game.

They should change the VAR rules, so the ref only gets 1 minute to rewatch it, if the cant decide go with the original ruling

Offside rule should be feet placement again, gives the attacker an advantage and would be by far the easiest for VAR

Stop deciding card outcome on how badly the opposition is hurt or how far they rolled 

Stop giving defenders cheap free kicks where they just fall to the ground when under pressure, konsa does this a lot. 

Im also a big advocate of 30/35 minute halves whwre the clock is stopped during pauses, time wasting is unbearable these days

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Zatman said:

I hate this rule, and I hate the logic given by this video.

The logic given has failed. It doesn't discourage bad behaviours because keepers still routinely hold the ball for absolutely ages.

Said before but they should extend it to 10 or 12 seconds and ACTUALLY enforce it. They shouldn't be worried about introducing extra stoppages because after a week or two of it existing keepers would know they have to get rid of the ball quickly.

This "spirit of the rule" stuff boils my piss. I can't think of any other sport that has so many of these "rules" that just aren't properly enforced

22 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This "spirit of the rule" stuff boils my piss. I can't think of any other sport that has so many of these "rules" that just aren't properly enforced

"If that happened anywhere else on the pitch, it's a foul - but it's just not a penalty for me". etc.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bobzy said:

"If that happened anywhere else on the pitch, it's a foul - but it's just not a penalty for me". etc.

Agreed but as I've said before they should revamp the penalty rule.  You should not be awarded a 90% chance of a goal for a routine foul with absolutely no goal threat just because it happens in a certain place on the field.  Decides/ruins far too many games and usually in favour of the same old clubs.

Indirect free kick for me unless it's denial of a goal scoring opportunity.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Agreed but as I've said before they should revamp the penalty rule.  You should not be awarded a 90% chance of a goal for a routine foul with absolutely no goal threat just because it happens in a certain place on the field.  Decides/ruins far too many games and usually in favour of the same old clubs.

How would you define a goal scoring opportunity if Watkins was the striker?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

handball in the box needs to be looked at as the slightest touch without meaning it can be given as a penalty. handball should be a yellow card and a free kick unless intentional

On 10/06/2022 at 20:31, Zatman said:

handball in the box needs to be looked at as the slightest touch without meaning it can be given as a penalty. handball should be a yellow card and a free kick unless intentional

The rules have to be "black and white" (with no shades of grey ) and even then some refs get it completely wrong...eg Huddersfield Vs Forest in the play-off final.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

VAR can't correct a yellow

It wasnt even a free kick... 

Whats the point of it if it can't do anything about that? Can spot arm pit hairs being offside but can't or won't get involved with shit decisions like that? 

1 hour ago, May-Z said:

The fact VAR can't look at yellows is atrocious. 

If it's a second yellow it's a game-changing decision. Yet still can't be checked. Madness. 

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yeah I'm surprised they can't check a second yellow considering the direct impact on the game.  Hopefully they come to their senses on that.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

VAR can't correct a yellow

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Was there VAR tonight? 

That stones second yellow was hilariously bad

Like it matters. They'd come to the wrong conclusion anyway. Just one more way for them to favour the clubs they want to win.

Â