General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

54 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

IMHO,the offside rule should be the same as the ball going out of play rule.

The "whole of the player"must be completely offside,otherwise,play on.

Problem with this is that with VAR you’d still be arguing about big toes being offside. Ok you’re doing is moving the line.

I actually agree with you to an extent, but it wouldn’t solve the problem of them measuring it to the millimetre

I k ow it would have benefitted villa but another one for me yesterday where they should introduce the no follow up rule to penalties 

Incredible effort to save that penalty but still results in a tap in, the odds are so stacked in favour of the attacker 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I k ow it would have benefitted villa but another one for me yesterday where they should introduce the no follow up rule to penalties 

Incredible effort to save that penalty but still results in a tap in, the odds are so stacked in favour of the attacker 

How often do the rebound fall so perfectly for the taker though? It almost fell straight to him.

I do think Zaha should have been carded for mocking Martinez. Had I been Emi I would have knocked the little **** teeth out after what he did.

On 21/08/2022 at 08:12, villa4europe said:

I don’t agree at all, once a penalty is taken the ball is live and in play, like any other set piece.

I didn’t even know that having a ‘no follow up to penalties’ was a thing.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I don’t agree at all, once a penalty is taken the ball is live and in play, like any other set piece.

I didn’t even know that having a ‘no follow up to penalties’ was a thing.

It came up a few years back at something that made it sound like FIFA do an annual rule brainstorming meeting and they do things like how they've changed where the attackers can be for short goal kicks whatever that rule is and where van Basten always floats his sin bin idea

Disagree with it being the same as a free kick, I think there's more skill in saving a penalty and then also there's only 2 people in the area and after a save one of them is on the floor... I just think a penalty is stacked so heavily in favour of the striker that it would offer at least some balance -  but then I also believe that a pro footballer should be able to hit an unsavable penalty and its usually nerves or them **** about that causes it to be saved 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

It came up a few years back at something that made it sound like FIFA do an annual rule brainstorming meeting and they do things like how they've changed where the attackers can be for short goal kicks whatever that rule is and where van Basten always floats his sin bin idea

Disagree with it being the same as a free kick, I think there's more skill in saving a penalty and then also there's only 2 people in the area and after a save one of them is on the floor... I just think a penalty is stacked so heavily in favour of the striker that it would offer at least some balance -  but then I also believe that a pro footballer should be able to hit an unsavable penalty and its usually nerves or them **** about that causes it to be saved 

Also shouldn’t forget that the point of a penalty is that it should favour the attacker, maybe not so much these days when you have have penalties given for next to nothing (Digne on the weekend) but previously a lot of penalties would have been for handball on the line or someone being cleaned out when through on goal.

Absolutely agree that pro footballers should be striking unsavable penalties though anyway in 90% of the time.

• Like 1

Always amusing when players don't know basic rules of football.

Just watching highlights of our game and that Watkins disallowed goal in first half...he's off anyway but Ollie is frantically point at last defender and saying he's level.

However the keeper is ahead of both so it dosen't matter. I knew that at age of 10 so surely pro players know it as it's not some obscure rule.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Always amusing when players don't know basic rules of football.

Just watching highlights of our game and that Watkins disallowed goal in first half...he's off anyway but Ollie is frantically point at last defender and saying he's level.

However the keeper is ahead of both so it dosen't matter. I knew that at age of 10 so surely pro players know it as it's not some obscure rule.

Maybe just trying to con the ref in a match without VAR?

• 2 weeks later...
Â