General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

48 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I would say at least 15 of their fouls were cynical. The one on Bailey, for a player already on a yellow was the worst.

How can a team have 23 fouls and 3 yellows? Makes a mockery of the system.

And then the ones that weren't given, this lead to the goal

Jesus I didn’t even see that, that’s brutal.

I wish something would be done to stop the time wasting that teams in the lead do in the second half of games now. Mostly via players pretending to be injured at every opportunity to waste time, it's getting to the point now where it's ruining games, when Trippier came off in the second half I'm pretty sure they knew he wasn't fit to carry on and he should have been brought off during the break, but they subbed him in that fashion just to waste time, all this time wasting to the extent it happens now was the kind of thing that Stoke used to do under Pullis and was seen as part of their uncompromising approach to the game and it put them in bad humour with everyone else and they were heavily criticized for it, now every team does it as par for the course.

It's always happened to an extent, but now much worse and blatant.

• Like 2

7 minutes today for 3 sub windows, 2 long injury breaks, a medical emergency in the crowd and a lengthy VAR check. On top of a lot of time wasting. 

8 against Leeds when we had 10. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Makes me apathetic if I'm honest 

How can you get angry or even emotionally attached to all this any more? 

Its shouting at the moon stuff

You had one job...

Old Man Yells at Cloud | Know Your Meme

3 hours ago, a m ole said:

They’re ruining football matches. It’s THAT bad. Stick to one definition for a foul - we either play modern, non contact football or we play the firm but fair rules I grew up with in the 90s

now we have a brush of a hand on a shoulder being VAR checked as a penalty but tearing a shirt off the opposition isn’t even a foul.

Making me despise this game.

How could it be a foul?  The game had been stopped for an offside.

6 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I would say at least 15 of their fouls were cynical. The one on Bailey, for a player already on a yellow was the worst.

An assault right in front of the ref no less.

Ollie was thrown around all afternoon and got nothing either.

7 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

In fairness to the referee he is 5 yards away and can see clearly. No way he could ever have an opinion on that

Pawson is a dreadful referee, he definitely refereed another game for us recently and had a nightmare. Just checked was either the Everton or Arsenal game, oh wait he had a nightmare in both

Premier League needs a proper review this summer in terms of refereeing

8 hours ago, a m ole said:

You’re aware an offence can be committed regardless of whether the ball is in play or not, right?

Honestly, you’re in cuckoo land if you’re expecting a player to be given a second yellow for an off the ball shirt pull. I’m willing to bet it’s never happened before. 

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Honestly, you’re in cuckoo land if you’re expecting a player to be given a second yellow for an off the ball shirt pull. I’m willing to bet it’s never happened before. 

So are you if you think that was ‘shirt pull’

It’s an instant yellow card for any player to take their own shirt off, yet intentionally tearing off half an opposition players isn’t?

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, a m ole said:

So are you if you think that was ‘shirt pull’

It’s an instant yellow card for any player to take their own shirt off, yet intentionally tearing off half an opposition players isn’t?

I'm curious - what is it if it wasn't a shirt pull?

Mings barged Burn over and he reacted by pulling his shirt.  It's a fuss over absolutely **** nothing.

19 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I'm curious - what is it if it wasn't a shirt pull?

Mings barged Burn over and he reacted by pulling his shirt.  It's a fuss over absolutely **** nothing.

your recollection of the events is wildly off.

7 minutes ago, a m ole said:

your recollection of the events is wildly off.

It really isn't.  Mings shoves Burn over, Burn gets up and bumps Mings, Mings pushes him back whilst Burn grabs his shirt at approx the same time.

Edit:  I'll try and find a clip to edit into here rather than continually **** up the thread :D 

Edited by bobzy

Â