General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

He looks as downbeat about the Spurs goal against City as Mike Dean looked pleased with that Spurs goal against us years ago.

Proof right there, refs are either biased to certain clubs, or paid to help them out. 

Back handers are in every business, I even remember myself being offered a brown envelope to give a contract to a certain company in my last employment.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Proof right there, refs are either biased to certain clubs, or paid to help them out. 

Back handers are in every business, I even remember myself being offered a brown envelope to give a contract to a certain company in my last employment.

To give him the benefit of the doubt I think it might be kinda subconscious, almost like they’re star struck around the bigger names. I don’t know, that’s a guess. If there wasn’t the text along with that tweet stating who he was I honestly would have thought he was one of City’s staff judging by his reaction.

He’s clearly looks put out on behalf of Guardiola there. Maybe he’s just got caught up in the game and almost forgotten that he’s there in working capacity. 

I’d be kinda understanding of him if that was case. He’s only human and presumably he likes football. But if that was the case, I’d love to know if there’s a similar reaction from him towards Sean Dyche if Burnley conceded a late goal. 

8 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

To give him the benefit of the doubt I think it might be kinda subconscious, almost like they’re star struck around the bigger names. I don’t know, that’s a guess. If there wasn’t the text along with that tweet stating who he was I honestly would have thought he was one of City’s staff judging by his reaction.

He’s clearly looks put out on behalf of Guardiola there. Maybe he’s just got caught up in the game and almost forgotten that he’s there in working capacity. 

I’d be kinda understanding of him if that was case. He’s only human and presumably he likes football. But if that was the case, I’d love to know if there’s a similar reaction from him towards Sean Dyche if Burnley conceded a late goal. 

Must be how unprofessional they really are, if they accidently show a reaction during a football match they are working at.

48 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I don't think he's star struck but do agree that it's subconscious 

He's stood next to pep and looks downbeat

If he was stood next to conte he'd smile (and no doubt the suggestion would go the other way) 

Its called empathy 

Nothing in it at all

Not sure about that to be honest. There’s always plenty of late, dramatic goals and officials seem to be able to not react. 

Like I say, I’d give him the benefit of doubt, but I think it’s comparable to Mike Dean’s little congratulations to himself that time. It’s not particularly professional and he is going to be called out on it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Not sure about that to be honest. There’s always plenty of late, dramatic goals and officials seem to be able to not react. 

Like I say, I’d give him the benefit of doubt, but I think it’s comparable to Mike Dean’s little congratulations to himself that time. It’s not particularly professional and he is going to be called out on it.

The difference is he's stood next to pep... Assume that he's in conversation with him... Its a completely normal natural human reaction

If he was in conversation with conte and conte had that explosion of celebration he wouldn't crack a smile? Of course he would 

He'll be called out on it because people are looking for things and believe in this grand conspiracy, added to city being in a title race with Liverpool who still like to consider themselves hard done by somehow cos fergie still runs the FA

Edit - and I would disagree that it's not professional, at first his job is to manage the players and managers, his flash of a "bad luck mate" face to pep is part of that, its forming a relationship with them making his life easier, I'm sure when he shook hands with conte he smiled and said "well done mate" remaining stone faced to appease a TV audience is not part of his job

Edited by villa4europe

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

The difference is he's stood next to pep... Assume that he's in conversation with him... Its a completely normal natural human reaction

If he was in conversation with conte and conte had that explosion of celebration he wouldn't crack a smile? Of course he would 

He'll be called out on it because people are looking for things and believe in this grand conspiracy, added to city being in a title race with Liverpool who still like to consider themselves hard done by somehow cos fergie still runs the FA

Why am I assuming he’s in conversation with him? Spurs are on the attack and Pep’s busy having a natter? 

I really don’t think he turns and smiles to Conte. Fwiw I don’t think he turns and smiles at Pep in such an event either.

I don’t want to come across as all this is a conspiracy!!, because I’m not that bothered. I just thought it was slightly unprofessional. Possibly there’s a subconscious “matey-ness” that some managers receive. Maybe.

12 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I hope you took it and gave the contract to someone else.

7 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

in a way, it is the problem. it was his 4th PL match, so he probably felt pressure to stay "in control" which led him to all the yellows 

I understand he wants to show control bit he made it a niggly game more than the players. I counted maybe 3 yellow card incidents all game

• Like 1

Kind of makes me wish I’d carried on reffing, watching most of these clowns is so frustrating. They wanted to fast track me through the system but drugs and alcohol were much more appealing at the time and it no one liked seeing their appointed match official hungover and throwing up behind the changing rooms 10 minutes before kick off. 

Edited by The Other Mat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â