Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

12 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Yet a factual one stated by the club themselves. They signed him at a price that made AVB resign or threaten to (can't remember if he did leave but he was certainly angry).

He wasn't injured when he arrived, but said himself he wasn't at the same fitness levels as the rest of the team and had to play catch up.

He'd not long returned from injury in Mid Dec for his previous club.

After signing he was only given nominal game time for the first weeks. I seem to remember him not being picked at all after he first arrived - but could be wrong on that.

From what little I've seen he looks a lightweight for the PL imo.

He's got the 8 shirt and we haven't signed anyone else in that position. He's very experienced so in a sense it's all set for him.......when......who knows ?

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Why would you sign a player in January for the following season? When you could just wait until Summer when loads more players are on the market? Not sure I buy into that. 

I’m not sure I’m following the logic here. Why would we sign a player we want, when he’s available at what we believe to be a below market value price, rather than wait and sign a different player?

Why do you think we spent fifteen million pounds on him?

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I’m not sure I’m following the logic here. Why would we sign a player we want, when he’s available at what we believe to be a below market value price, rather than wait and sign a different player?

Why do you think we spent fifteen million pounds on him?

God knows tbh. I’ve been unimpressed with him when he has played and he clearly can’t get himself fit. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So you keep saying. Twice on every page.

The thing is, I’m not sure anybody needs reminding that it hasn’t worked out yet, so I just assume it’s therapy for you?

Thank you!  It's like some on here aren't happy unless they drag down the entire board into a depressing abyss.  He got injured it's something that happens to all footballers. 

3 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

What is this absurd suggestion !! How dare you. We must judge every player post 5 games injured or not. Now be gone .

Exactly!

'Give him time' 🤣

What are we, a bunch of SAPS?! *slams fist on table*

Anyone remember a player of the name Stan Petrov.  Came to the club from a league in another division and struggled, written off etc.

I think he came back stronger and proved people wrong.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

Anyone remember a player of the name Stan Petrov.  Came to the club from a league in another division and struggled, written off etc.

I think he came back stronger and proved people wrong.

Another example, different type of player but a player Spurs signed who was almost universally panned in his first season and had good flashes but did look terrible. 

Luka Modric

Â