Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ability aside, this transfer has been nothing short of a disaster so far. 

Players get injured. He made 9 appearances in the 18 he was available for selection for. It's not that bad.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

Give the guy a chance. He was brought for this season and got injured during his bedding in period.

I will, he might turn out to be a class act. I’m just saying, to date, it’s been a sh*tshow. 

Just now, Made In Aston said:

Give the guy a chance. He was brought for this season and got injured during his bedding in period.

he was injured before he came here and then not long after so we will after see. Bit worrying because i really thought he would be the answer to the midfield we will have to see what the injury effect will have.

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ability aside, this transfer has been nothing short of a disaster so far. 

Come on mate, that's a bit dramatic!

He'll come good i'm sure. 

Just now, Keyblade said:

He was signed for this season really, so technically he's only missed one game and has been in training since.

Why would you sign a player in January for the following season? When you could just wait until Summer when loads more players are on the market? Not sure I buy into that. 

Just now, Keyblade said:

He was signed for this season really, so technically he's only missed one game and has been in training since.

light training he will not be ready for a while yet we need to see how he comes back im hoping he will be the player we need and want in the mid but might be the end of sep before we see it.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Why would you sign a player in January for the following season? When you could just wait until Summer when loads more players are on the market? Not sure I buy into that. 

Because he was available there and then for a good price. Makes sense to get it done and let him bed in, rather than wait till summer and potentially lose him. 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He was available for a good price. Purslow himself has said it. They were going to wait til this summer but managed to snag a good deal in January, so why not.

• Like 1

Feel like some folk try to make more out of Sanson's situation than there is. He just got injured and it's been a frustrating and unfortunate time for him. Given the numbers he's put up preciously I feel like had he been signed this summer there'd be a lot more positivity around him and the squad as a result.

• Like 3

Unfortunate for the timing of his injuries.

However I am still very excited to see how he gets on and hope he can get fit to command a starting place as i think he will. Sanson has qualities which allegedly made some teams bigger than Villa think about signing him.

Finally there aren't many current Villa players with CL experience, Sanson is one of the very few.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Because if the player isn't filling a desperate need, you can then essentially give them a 7 month preseason allowing them to slowly integrate in to the squad whilst getting them at a price you may not get in the summer/avoid missing out to another club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

I actually think he was injured when he arrived. The brought for next season was a convenient excuse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Positive mindset, I like it.👍🏻

However, he has missed every single one of the games we bought him for so far. 😉

2 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Because if the player isn't filling a desperate need, you can then essentially give them a 7 month preseason allowing them to slowly integrate in to the squad whilst getting them at a price you may not get in the summer/avoid missing out to another club.

A player hardly playing for close on 9 months isn't good prep for anything.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

I actually think he was injured when he arrived. The brought for next season was a convenient excuse.

Yet a factual one stated by the club themselves. They signed him at a price that made AVB resign or threaten to (can't remember if he did leave but he was certainly angry).

He wasn't injured when he arrived, but said himself he wasn't at the same fitness levels as the rest of the team and had to play catch up.

Â