Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

Interesting to watch the YT vids of him at Marseille: he played a lot in the same sort of position that Barkley took up for us last season. I wonder if this more advanced role would suit him a little more? The pace of the league hit him quite hard when he played in Luiz or McGinn's position last season.

He reminds me of Doug when he arrived: in that position, you need to be bit of a talker on the pitch but his English when he arrived was quite poor (and I don't mean to be disrespectful here, my French is shite). I wonder if having the pressure off him, while injured, may have given him time to work on his English?

He could be a real asset if he can bed in. Perhaps the return of Fred and the rise of Bertie can help him settle?

If we aren't going to bring in another CM, we need to hope he blossoms. 

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache
  • Like 1

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He will be on a different schedule to the other lads given he is coming back from a long term injury. 

So that why he didn't take part in the open training session ?

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'm speculating, but probably. I see he is training with the first team again now?

He will be miles away from match fit after 5 months on the side lines. 

Is he ? - I don't know .

Considering he was injured just before he joined us. Hes hardly played since Dec 2020. So would agree he won't be match fit for a while yet.

19 hours ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Pretty cool we have a 15 million player that most people have written off to 0 coming back. Exciting to see if he has the potential we saw in him.

And also note that we got him for £15m as a cut price deal, easily a £30m+ player if Marseille were able to command the fee at the time. Look forward to seeing him back fit and healthy

• Like 1

what has been wrong with him, anybody know?

whats happened to all the one game knocks we used to have, years ago.....they seem to be half a season jobbies now.

Edited by TRO

I hope to god that once he's back we see the player Villa should be having after spending that amount.

I do fear that he will be like Wesley though and he's wasted which I hope not.

With his speed and the fact we need speed in midfield he could be a player we really need. I hope when he admitted how tough it was to get upto speed with the premier (which is not easy to do admitt a weakness) That Sanson can actually do that and come in and kick some ass. Before his injury he picked up a Yellow didn't he? He showed a willingness to take the ball from an opponent and was getting stuck in so hopefully when he comes back intercepting and ball recovery is his game.

Hurry up Sanson and ease don't be a waste like Wesley is so far, I believe if they both apply themselves they can both come out of all this good and wish them luck doing it, I just think Wesley hasn't much time left to impress.

Â