Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

20 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I hope to god that once he's back we see the player Villa should be having after spending that amount.

I do fear that he will be like Wesley though and he's wasted which I hope not.

With his speed and the fact we need speed in midfield he could be a player we really need. I hope when he admitted how tough it was to get upto speed with the premier (which is not easy to do admitt a weakness) That Sanson can actually do that and come in and kick some ass. Before his injury he picked up a Yellow didn't he? He showed a willingness to take the ball from an opponent and was getting stuck in so hopefully when he comes back intercepting and ball recovery is his game.

Hurry up Sanson and ease don't be a waste like Wesley is so far, I believe if they both apply themselves they can both come out of all this good and wish them luck doing it, I just think Wesley hasn't much time left to impress.

Clearly a talented player. But I do wonder if he is robust enough for the PL.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Why's that?

I just think he looks a bit lightweight easily bundled off the ball , needing a tad more time to make a pass. 

Not codemining him just yet. But have to say I'm really not sure at this stage. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I know I should give the guy a fair chance but all I keep thinking off is our long list of French players who did nothing for use. Berson mark 2?

Solid point though I, and may totally be in the minority, thought Guilbert was solid enough whenever he played but more than likely will be loaned out/sold.

I'd say he'll start against Barrow in next weeks EFL Cup and then make the bench for Brentford

Luiz / McGinn will play next two Prem home games. Then there's the 2 week gap for international break.

Hopefully everyone is fit and form is picked up after the break.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'd say he'll start against Barrow in next weeks EFL Cup and then make the bench for Brentford

Luiz / McGinn will play next two Prem home games. Then there's the 2 week gap for international break.

why the long face?

• Haha 1

Happy Birthday to Morgan then. It's a shame with how the 2nd half of last season went for him. I see him as more than being there to provide competition for the first team, I think and hope he can really push to become a first X1'er. I'm sure he got a payrise coming here but to leave Marseille to come to us, and now aged 27, these are his prime years that he's opted to spend here. That's a big decision professionally and he won't want to be classed as a squad player. 

Who knows what we will do with the rest of the transfer window and the central midfield position but in the meantime we have Sanson hopefully raring to go and chip in. 

This guy's got a lot to give but we just haven't seen it yet. Handful of appearances and injuries aside, I wouldn't mind seeing a Luiz, McGinn, Sanson trio in the middle and not him just get the nod as a sub or starter in cup games etc. £15 mill is still a lot to us, time to start paying it back sonny.

57 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Who is your third midfielder? 

1 hour ago, hippo said:

I just think he looks a bit lightweight easily bundled off the ball , needing a tad more time to make a pass. 

I also thought he looked a bit weak and fragile, also Dean Smith said that it took some time for him to adjust to the tempo and intensity of the Premier League. He was described as a tough tackler, a warrior, but did look a bit weak in the one on ones. And then he got injured.

I have in no way written him off, it can take up to a season for foreign players to adapt. At the same time there are players where you can see the instant impact, like Bailys debut.

I see him as a no 8 in a three man midfield, but I hope he can be deployed as a holding midfielder in a two man midfield as well.

From what I've seen so far I haven't seen any real upgrade on Hourihane, but still hope that he will be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hippo said:

I’m not too worried about the pace of play stuff, it’s a bit cliché to say it now but it happens to every player coming from France. Going back 2 decades, even Viera and Henry struggled initially. 

Sanson has played less than 300 minutes so no real worries here yet. Shame we didn’t have the opportunity to bed him properly last season as planned, but I imagine he still learned something. I think he’s an exciting addition. 

14 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That is utterly terrifying and a complete departure from anything he has done before. I can't see it TBH.

Or almost identical to what we've played before with Ings taking the role of Barkley. Look at a touch map of both players from last season before you say it's different. Also take a look at their defensive output, Ings has far higher Pressures, Tackles, Interceptions, Blocks and Clearances than Barkley so we'll get much more defensively with Ings.

Also people get too hung up on formations, it's what roles people do in the team and their movement

• Like 3

Â