Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

5 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Looking forward to another day in this thread where the concept of a footballer being injured seems beyond comprehension. 

It wouldn’t be so bad if the club were just honest or transparent. This bloke has been in contention for matches for about 6 months. Every time there is a press conference, it always seems to be ‘he’ll have a chance of playing next week’, and then when next week rolls around, ‘he’s out’.

He’s in the training videos, he’s in the training photos doing exactly the same exercises as the other players but whenever we have a game, he’s nowhere to be seen.

It’s weird. I’m sorry, but the whole injury thing to this guy is like the injury Engels had. Has there been a bust up? Does he not want to be here?

18 hours ago, hippo said:

Oh no !

I hear we have to pay marseille an extra payment if he reaches 6 appearances for us ! 😃

Those were the days... lol

When we legit had to worry about these things.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

What is going on here?!

Deano Pre Brentford Press Conference

Deano on the OS has said the following in the pre-match article:- “Morgan Sanson is training fully with us now. He’s had no match exposure, so he’s likely to play a couple of games in the next week or two." I guess they want to be 100% certain he is over any niggles, as it is very likely you can pick up a different niggling injury whilst returning from another.

I guess he will play a couple of semi serious matches behind closed doors, and we may see him after the international break. In the same OS article, the same goes for Bailey and Bertie. Too soon this weekend for them to make it, but hopefully after the interantional break we will see them back in contention.

Edited by NeilS
Highlight Quote for clarity
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

It wouldn’t be so bad if the club were just honest or transparent. This bloke has been in contention for matches for about 6 months. Every time there is a press conference, it always seems to be ‘he’ll have a chance of playing next week’, and then when next week rolls around, ‘he’s out’.

He’s in the training videos, he’s in the training photos doing exactly the same exercises as the other players but whenever we have a game, he’s nowhere to be seen.

It’s weird. I’m sorry, but the whole injury thing to this guy is like the injury Engels had. Has there been a bust up? Does he not want to be here?

Pretty sure if there was a bust up he wouldn't be in these training videos/photos.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Engels was just shit mate. 

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its embarrassing a vendetta against a Villa player who hasnt done anything good or bad for the club. 

No just an alternative viewpoint. To people praising a guy to the rooftops who has started under half a dozen games since Dec 2020.

If he puts in a few decent appearances I will acknowledge that. But at the moment this hasn't been a great move for us. 

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s still returning to full fitness. It’s really just that simple which is what Dean has said several times. There’s no need for hysterics.

I think people are just frustrated as there was a lot of hype when we signed him, with some suggestion that we’d bought him for way cheaper than his value, and yet we’ve seen no benefits as of yet.

Missing pre season is a real missed opportunity in his villa career. No one expected him to settle straight away post jan but those transitions between seasons can make a big difference (see luiz pre and post the COVID break; Targett difference between 1st season and 2nd season). If he’d have been fit through pre season I’d have some confidence he might come good. Given he missed it I genuinely worry that he won’t ever get going for us as this season will be another off and on one and then he’s nearly 2 years into his vill career

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Indigo said:

Looking forward to another day in this thread where the concept of a footballer being injured seems beyond comprehension. 

I think if had a major injury you would have a point. But he seems to be out months with minor or unknown injuries.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

You say "Sanson has been in contention for 6 months". Wrong, he's been injured for 6 months. The club have been honest and transparent, the player himself came out a while back and said he would be out for a long time and would come back stronger!

The guy hasn't even played a full 90 minutes for Aston Villa yet, has been laughably unlucky with an injury bad enough to keep him from playing for 7 months and yet you and other posters are on his back?

Its so bad that it's now gotten to a point where you are posting wild speculation and conspiracy as to where he is and whats causing his lack of playing time. 

He had a serious injury that has taken ages to get over. Let the guy play a few actual games of 90 minutes before your relentless witch hunt starts please. 

But as far as we know he hasn't had a serious injury. Twisted knee seems to be the official line. Although in the match he got injured I was sure he was seen with an ice pack on his ankle (could be wrong on that point though)

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

I think people are just frustrated as there was a lot of hype when we signed him, with some suggestion that we’d bought him for way cheaper than his value, and yet we’ve seen no benefits as of yet.

Missing pre season is a real missed opportunity in his villa career. No one expected him to settle straight away post jan but those transitions between seasons can make a big difference (see luiz pre and post the COVID break; Targett difference between 1st season and 2nd season). If he’d have been fit through pre season I’d have some confidence he might come good. Given he missed it I genuinely worry that he won’t ever get going for us as this season will be another off and on one and then he’s nearly 2 years into his vill career

Excellent post. We were convinced we had pulled off a bit of bargain. That now appears at least questionable. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Excellent post. We were convinced we had pulled off a bit of bargain. That now appears at least questionable. 

Not questionable other than we don't know either way. 

I don't get the concept of a player being injured meaning he should be blamed for the injury and the club should be blamed for signing him.

Just now, Pissflaps said:

I assume he broke his knee ligaments to be out this long

Was clearly a bad one and I feel for the bloke.

But apparently he's on strike in Bosnia, is refusing to play, has had a bust up with 15 of our players, 2 staff and one of their dogs and hasn't been injured since he got his ankle injured which was actually his shoulder. 

Oh, and he's shit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â