Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

It's doubly frustrating that he's out because the point of signing him in January according to Smith etc was to have him settled fully for this upcoming season, which has obviously been more than scuppered through his absence.

Still and all, think he'll turn out a success. He's only played around 3 games worth of minutes and much of them were made up of brief cameos where he'd have done well to have any meaningful impact. The home game against Wolves where he played in a midfield 3 with McGinn and Luiz was hugely encouraging in the first half, Villa bossed them in midfield and Sanson gave a glimpse of what he could offer before the second half flipped on it's head. Hopefully he can get back ASAP and have as much of a pre season as can be salvaged.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think it is good that we haven’t rushed him back from injury. Hamstring injuries can take a lot of time to recover from. In his short time on the pitch in his Villa career so far you could see that he has quality on the ball and is good technically. 

Personally, I can’t wait to see more of him, he is still settling in to the country and new surroundings, give him time 

I thought it was a twisted knee ?  - seem to remember him with an ice pack on his knee.

45 minutes ago, hippo said:

I thought it was a twisted knee ?  - seem to remember him with an ice pack on his knee.

Don’t ask me, I saw MaVilla say it was a hamstring injury. I was just copying them, I don’t have any inside information 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

21 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

When he signed I was hoping he was an upgrade on McGinn, I still live in hope.

Marseille fans burned their own training ground in protest and their manager quit when he was sold. I reckon he’s nailed on to push SJM all the way, once he’s fit again. 

• Like 1

I think this guy will be a big success for us. The one thing that confuses me is that in his YouTube videos he looks like a real unit, for us he looks pretty slender. Who said our tops were unflattering 🤣

6 minutes ago, av1 said:

I think this guy will be a big success for us. The one thing that confuses me is that in his YouTube videos he looks like a real unit, for us he looks pretty slender. Who said our tops were unflattering 🤣

He has his own PT / physio guru type thingy.

Is he really still injured? When did he last play, March? Wasn't any talk of 4-5 month lay off when he stopped playing. Just seems a bit odd to me really. Had high hopes when he was signed but it's all fizzled out pretty quickly.

• Like 2

Just now, VillaChris said:

Is he really still injured? When did he last play, March? Wasn't any talk of 4-5 month lay off when he stopped playing. Just seems a bit odd to me really. Had high hopes when he was signed but it's all fizzled out pretty quickly.

April.

Knee injury, turned out to be worse than initially thought.

He’s on his way back now, has been working on his fitness while on holiday and is now back with our staff and building up… should see him soon…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Probably tells us that Sanson is not fancied by management right now. 

It doesn't tell us that at all. We need more than 11 decent players. Injuries, suspensions happen. Look how bad our bench was last season. 

• Like 3

Sanson will add a lot of dynamism and impetus to our midfield. If he can get back to peak fitness and be given a chance from the start to get into the game, he will have a similar impact for us that mcginn had in the championship. Looked quite pacy and robust from the youtube clips I saw aswell. We are underrating this guy for sure at the moment imo

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Looking forward to seeing him properly.  I still haven’t figured out exactly what type of midfielder he is yet.

he's an 8 or a 10.

Â