Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

23 minutes ago, hippo said:

??????

Think he might have played in the practice game v Crewe.  He might have got 45 mins v Sevilla hardly think thats going to be deal breaker for him having a good season or not.

Had an injury just before we brought him - then another after a couple of games for us. Needs to get and keep himself fit first.

What i meant was we really have not got a clue how he's going to turn out as with the injuries & lack of pre-season (Which is what was meant to be his kind of proper settling into the team period) he is basically still a huge "?" which is a shame. I don't mean it in a negative way at all it may be we have a cracking new player on our hands which would be a huge and pleasant surprise. I actually think the fact whatsisname has gone on a glory hunt it may help Sanson as he effectively can now gel at the same time as the other new boys which maybe takes some pressure off him.

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

What i meant was we really have not got a clue how he's going to turn out as with the injuries & lack of pre-season (Which is what was meant to be his kind of proper settling into the team period) he is basically still a huge "?" which is a shame. I don't mean it in a negative way at all it may be we have a cracking new player on our hands which would be a huge and pleasant surprise. I actually think the fact whatsisname has gone on a glory hunt it may help Sanson as he effectively can now gel at the same time as the other new boys which maybe takes some pressure off him.

He is probably the most experienced midfielder we have in terms of level he has played at. Yet he probably won't start v Watford. There is danger that things move on without him.

8 hours ago, JPAngel said:

I feel that our fanbase needs to see this video and other pieces on Sanson to realise how important he could actually be for us when he's at full fitness.

The stats on pressures and successful pressures alone mean that he could be super important to our midfield. In games where we're expected to be on the front foot and don't necessarily need constant protection in front of our back four, I feel the below could be one way we could set up to maximise our attacking threat.

image.thumb.png.9a214a9f6842448fc61170761b1650f3.png

While I admit there are concerns around defensive responsibility in the above, it does feel a little bit Harlem Globetrotters with all that attacking potential 🤤

that's the team I think he is working towards

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Honestly, I really wasn't impressed from what little I saw of Sanson but accept that its probably way too little to judge him by. 

As far as I'm concerned, he gets an entirely clean slate from me for next season.

Hopefully he does from everyone. 

16 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’d be surprised if anyone was overly impressed with what little we saw of him last season so he’s got plenty to prove.

100% but I think he was unlucky with the timings of his injuries last year and believe he has so much more to give.

I think he’ll be a cracking signing 

17 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’d be surprised if anyone was overly impressed with what little we saw of him last season so he’s got plenty to prove.

saw glimpses but it was at a time where the midfield was struggling in general i seem to recall. just never got a chance to properly get going. i've got high hopes

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Honestly, I really wasn't impressed from what little I saw of Sanson but accept that its probably way too little to judge him by. 

As far as I'm concerned, he gets an entirely clean slate from me for next season.

Watch this and tell me there isnt a player in there.

He's basically like McGinn, but with a lot of technical ability.

The vid wont show here for some reason, but click on "watch on youtube".

Morgan Sanson 2020/21 - Magic Skills, Goals & Assists | HD

Not sure of his best position but I feel he will need to prove himself very quickly considering the numbers we currently have for midfield places.

Edited by Strog

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He looked a class above McGinn. Our ball retention improved massively whenever he came onto the pitch. 

• Like 1

He looks like a very genuine number 8, it seems perfect for him based on his stats and that YouTube compilation.

He had a very bad run of introductory matches where grealish was injured and we looked lost,  followed by a poorly timed injury. 

I have very high hopes for Sanson, and think he'll prove a very handy member of whichever midfield 3 we go with.

Edited by MrBlack

Hopefully we see a new sanson next year, he did look off it,  but if I remember he had been out for a while in france before he joined us so was always playing catch up. A good period in the England and getting used to his surroundings I'm sure would have done him the world of good, he could be like a new signing for us

Â