Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

He looked a great player in the French league where players like to dribble and are given more space to do so. He bucked that trend and won a lot of ball by pressing and then had the nous to take it with him and distribute (so, not an enforcer as such, but more of a classic CM with elements of box to box play).

Most Prem teams don't have the luxury of having a classic CM sit in the middle of the park dictating play, and BtB midfielders are a lot less common now in the English game with the advent of Gegenpress formations and how teams have adapted them to suit their own needs. With so many teams now playing a high Counter-Press, you have to be really excellent to be effective as a BtB midfielder, otherwise you're getting boxed out and/or having the ball stolen right off your toe. It's part of the reason, I'd say, that we've seen McGinn drop off a bit since we got into the Prem; he's a good player but he's too often pressed into giving the ball away or making silly mistakes.

Sanson hasn't really had the time to settle in and prove whether he can be good enough to perform that role for us and improve our midfield. I suppose this season is huge for him in that respect.

Hoping to see so much more of him next

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Hoping to see some of this next season. I think there's a real player there. Just needs a good preseason and a couple of starts early in the season. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Hoping to see so much more of him next

Hoping to see some of this next season. I think there's a real player there. Just needs a good preseason and a couple of starts early in the season. 

Yeah, he’s clearly very talented. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him becoming a mainstay in midfield.

Really looking forward to see what he can offer us next season, we’re building an exciting team…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He's going to get about 3,000 min next season.

And he's going to light a fire under John McGinn.

Mcginn watch 

Ball Nuts GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

Because your about to be nuclear explosion GIF

It seems.

14 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I thought Berson was good.

Sure there was a match against Man Poo where he played really well, if I remember correctly.

I just think he wasn't allowed the time to settle and he didn't acclimatise well.

DJx2 and Salifou probably had 1 good game. I had high hopes for Berson and remember him being generally awful

• 2 weeks later...

Samsonite halfway down page 3...

He will be a fascinating storyline methinks.

Will he win a regular starting role?

Is he good enough?

Will he accept a supporting role coming off the bench after being a leading man for a Champions League side?

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Samsonite halfway down page 3...

He will be a fascinating storyline methinks.

Will he win a regular starting role?

Is he good enough?

Will he accept a supporting role coming off the bench after being a leading man for a Champions League side?

hd tournament GIF

• Haha 2

I don't think we have seen anything like the best of him yet and would expect far more from him now he is hopefully settled and with a full pre season with us behind him. Whether that is enough for a regular starting spot who knows but if we are to get to where we want to be, and competing for European football every season, then we are going to need to have very good players spending plenty of time sitting on the bench. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

Â