Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

8 minutes ago, Awol said:

Agree, but just to note we’ll also lose Traore then too - and Pape Sarr if that link progressed. Not a great summer for signing African internationals, or at least ones you’ll be relying on later in the season. 

Wasn't the Sarr link based on nothing but him liking some Villa players on Instagram and then he said he's looking forward to next season at current club?

Just now, MotoMkali said:

We were playing barkley as an 8 during that period though. 

He was the closest player to Ollie…almost playing as a second striker at the time. I think CAM or even no.10 is apt but I’m really not all that fussed.

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Wasn't the Sarr link based on nothing but him liking some Villa players on Instagram and then he said he's looking forward to next season at current club?

I can’t recall everything that went on back then, an exciting link anyway.  Fairly sure there was more to it than that, there were reports on it or links. The insta stuff came up later.

Kid’s got a lot of talent and potential.

Edited by Jas10

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

No it came from a a French football journalist, it’s in his thread. 

18 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

No, reporter from Rcsport reported our interest then he did that. So it seemed like there was some interest. Maybe there was and we moved on. Who knows. 

13 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

He was the closest player to Ollie…almost playing as a second striker at the time. I think CAM or even no.10 is apt but I’m really not all that fussed.

If we were looking to replicate that system again the Alvarez link makes the most sense in terms of where he plays - but my guess is he’s plan B if ESR doesn’t join. 

Sanson I hope will come good next season giving us real strength in depth at the 8 position, but if there’s no new contract soon for Luiz then he’s probably off - to be replaced by someone with a better defensive game (hello JWP…). 

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

If we were looking to replicate that system again the Alvarez link makes the most sense in terms of where he plays - but my guess is he’s plan B if ESR doesn’t join. 

Sanson I hope will come good next season giving us real strength in depth at the 8 position, but if there’s no new contract soon for Luiz then he’s probably off - to be replaced by someone with a better defensive game (hello JWP…). 

The Alvarez link probably excites me more than any other…I would be delighted if we could get that deal done. I think he could be great cover for Ollie too.

I think we are looking to improve our forward options and creativity with at least a couple more players. I wouldn’t be surprised if we went for both and if we may have some more outgoings to make room in the squad.

I expect Doug to extend, he’s been away with Brazil and will continue to be for a while. Once we get a chance to sit him down and talk things over, I’m sure he will be given that new contract. 

21 minutes ago, Awol said:

25 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

You’re not wrong but it doesn’t help to constantly repeat or reinforce your view. I think everyone’s got the message and, so far, you’ve been vindicated. Let’s forget about it.

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Hopefully we see more of Sanson this season at some stage and he manages to adapt to life in the PL.

By Christmas he will be pretty much first on every team sheet, believe me 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

We have to make sure he’s allowed to do that and we don’t wear him out because we have a lot of team sheets over the season between

Men’s 

Womens

U23s

U18s

😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This lad is going to be quality next season.

He got thrown into the post Covid, Grealish-less shambles period last season and then got injured.  Even in that period you could see the guys touch, energy and pressing. A proper Dean Smith player. I think he's gonna be the classic '"he's like a new signing" cliche in pre season.

• Like 2

I also think he is going to smash it next season. I've seen people have him as back-up in their best 11s. This guy has been brought in to start games. 

Edited by VBM
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

It depends who Mr Sheldon’s reliable source is. He could have plucked it straight from one of your many posts on the subject on here. 

That or Paul Doyle invented the link. Still no update on his Twitter since June 7th Quelle surprise

58 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Fair enough Dean. Thanks for the info.

Edited by sparrow1988

Â