Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

48 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

They didn't even announce his injury properly, what's up with the fella?

Long time to be out this.

Knee injury, he’s working his way back and will hopefully be available at some point during preseason.

I recall him going off and having ice strapped on his knee on his last appearance, injury turned out to be worse than expected.

His last tweet:

Bad news about my injury which will take a little longer than expected.🤕👊🏼
 See you next season guys .. and trust me: Stronger than ever !!💪🏼@avfcofficial#UTV💜

• Thanks 1

I'm pinning an unfair amount of expectation on him but I think he'll really settle us down when he's fit.

If we try to play out from the keeper with McGinn and Marv in the PL, we will lose possession a distressing amount.

Would have liked Sanson in for one of them but it's likely he won't be fit in time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'm pinning an unfair amount of expectation on him but I think he'll really settle us down when he's fit.

If we try to play out from the keeper with McGinn and Marv in the PL, we will lose possession a distressing amount.

Would have liked Sanson in for one of them but it's likely he won't be fit in time.

I am pinning a lot of my hopes on this guy as well.

Really not liking what I am seeing from the midfield at the moment.

I think it's lacking in quality and there's not enough steel and grit 

The same anti-Wesley vultures are circling here too I fear, to them he is already a failure. We hardly saw him, buying him in Jan was to settle him for this season, that hasn’t happened, it’s hard to find your feet and make an impression mid season, and as a team we were dire when he got game time (not because of him, just poor all round), so he hardly had the privilege of slotting into a well oiled machine firing on all cylinders.

He looks ideally suited to this division, a real busy warrior with an eye for goal, he really excited me when we signed him. I can’t wait to see him competing for a place.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, thunderball said:

The same anti-Wesley vultures are circling here too I fear, to them he is already a failure. We hardly saw him, buying him in Jan was to settle him for this season, that hasn’t happened, it’s hard to find your feet and make an impression mid season, and as a team we were dire when he got game time (not because of him, just poor all round), so he hardly had the privilege of slotting into a well oiled machine firing on all cylinders.

He looks ideally suited to this division, a real busy warrior with an eye for goal, he really excited me when we signed him. I can’t wait to see him competing for a place.

Very pro-Morgan here. 

Wes' lack of ability frustrates me greatly.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Almost disastrous that he is missing out on his first pre season.

I think it's so important for new players

Inclined to agree with you there.

I was hoping to see him in pre-season and give our 'soft' midfield a kick up the proverbial.

3 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Frustrating he isn't back training with us. I've seen him training at the start of June on his holidays. Clearly he has picked up another injury. So starting the season with McGinn, Nakamba, Hourihane and Ramsey.

Conor will be gone and ideally Jacob will be on loan somewhere. It is a concern no doubt. Hopefully something they’ll look at in the market before the season kicks off. 

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s got one of those Aston Villa injuries.

You know, the one where it’s only a slight knock but it leads to the player disappearing off the face of the earth for 6 months. 

This, we’ve had so many players out for months with what are minor injuries. Genuinely don’t get why we are not transparent with them at the start.

So he last played for us on the 4th April?, thars over 3 months out with.....a hamstring injury?

Looking forward to getting him back, but my lord......what's with these minor injuries at villa taking so long?!?!?

If he isnt training yet he will take a few weeks to get fit, so could easily be a five month absence???

Edited by MaVilla

12 minutes ago, Dave_jW said:

Maybe we need the Medical and Physio staff upgrading, the same as we have done with the scouting system.

We need to mine more vespine gas

15 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

So he last played for us on the 4th April?, thars over 3 months out with.....a hamstring injury?

Looking forward to getting him back, but my lord......what's with these minor injuries at villa taking so long?!?!?

If he isnt training yet he will take a few weeks to get fit, so could easily be a five month absence???

I think it is good that we haven’t rushed him back from injury. Hamstring injuries can take a lot of time to recover from. In his short time on the pitch in his Villa career so far you could see that he has quality on the ball and is good technically. 

Personally, I can’t wait to see more of him, he is still settling in to the country and new surroundings, give him time 

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Conor will be gone and ideally Jacob will be on loan somewhere. It is a concern no doubt. Hopefully something they’ll look at in the market before the season kicks off. 

In reality we have two DM in Douglas and Marv and the two more advanced roles will be filled by McGinn, Sanson, Hourihane, Ramsey and maybe Chuk. Seeing as Doug won't be back anytime soon, Sanson is injured and Ramsey and Chuk are kids I can't see Smith letting anyone leave without a replacement already through the door.

Conor will want guaranteed starts but he's a top pro. I don't see the two kids going on loan. I think Smith wants them training and on the bench for the first team. 

Â