Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I do agree thats the attitude I prefer but some players cant win. I think Barkley did similar last season and was moaned at on here

Except when barkley got on the pitch he didn't put in any effort or show any heart. He got angry when he came off but showed no passion on the pitch. He was lazy and didn't work. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont take Football Insider seriously but I do think that Lange will be pushed out the door soon as the manager seems to have no interest in his players

Which was not what we were asked to buy into

I do think we seen a heavily discounted player and pounced.

But agree your prognosis - the club is all in on Stevie G - which kind of leaves Lange looking a bit redundant.

Just now, hippo said:

I do think we seen a heavily discounted player and pounced.

But agree your prognosis - the club is all in on Stevie G - which kind of leaves Lange looking a bit redundant.

Why? 

He'll still have to organise all the scouting, including opposition reports, including players that Gerrard doesn't know anything about, he's also in charge of all of the sports science side of the club and I'd guess that he has a say in the new facilities that we're building, he also has to coordinate Gerrard’s tactics and training with the U23s and academy and then a go between between Gerrard and Purslow when it comes to contracts and FFP etc etc Gerrard won't dabble in the money at a guess but lange will 

There's loads more to the role than identifying and bringing in players 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Why? 

He'll still have to organise all the scouting, including opposition reports, including players that Gerrard doesn't know anything about, he's also in charge of all of the sports science side of the club and I'd guess that he has a say in the new facilities that we're building, he also has to coordinate Gerrard’s tactics and training with the U23s and academy and then a go between between Gerrard and Purslow when it comes to contracts and FFP etc etc Gerrard won't dabble in the money at a guess but lange will 

There's loads more to the role than identifying and bringing in players 

My impression is that Stevie G looks to want and looks to have got total control of the playing side.  Only my opinion of course but that's what I feel.

Just now, hippo said:

My impression is that Stevie G looks to want and looks to have got total control of the playing side.  Only my opinion of course but that's what I feel.

Wouldn't disagree with that

But that doesn't mean that lange doesn't do anything!

Gerrard isn't going to organise the clubs physios or the dieticians or the masseuses or the guy who is watching spurs today because we play them soon

The sporting director role is huge, it's supposed to be all elements of the footballing side of the club, like I said new facilities, when this new inner city academy building hit the drawing board and they say what do you actually want this building to do? That's not Gerrard that's Lange 

I'll spin it back to sanson, the person at the club who is responsible for booking his flight from marseille to brum, for booking his medical, for helping find him a house and a car and moving all his family over, that person doesn't report to Gerrard they report to Lange 

Lange isn't so bad for it but the shit suso got was laughable, if he wasn't signing a player a day he wasn't doing his job according to some 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Football insider ran the same story last year too but it was Smith not lange who was under question 

They said the owners thought sanson wasnt better than Hourihane 

Let's hope the owners have no input on player signings then.

Just now, villa4europe said:

Wouldn't disagree with that

But that doesn't mean that lange doesn't do anything!

Gerrard isn't going to organise the clubs physios or the dieticians or the masseuses or the guy who is watching spurs today because we play them soon

The sporting director role is huge, it's supposed to be all elements of the footballing side of the club, like I said new facilities, when this new inner city academy building hit the drawing board and they say what do you actually want this building to do? That's not Gerrard that's Lange 

I'll spin it back to sanson, the person at the club who is responsible for booking his flight from marseille to brum, for booking his medical, for helping find him a house and a car and moving all his family over, that person doesn't report to Gerrard they report to Lange 

Lange isn't so bad for it but the shit suso got was laughable, if he wasn't signing a player a day he wasn't doing his job according to some 

The obvious problem with that is that (again imo) the head coach reports to Lange. Where it would seem that Lange is reporting to Stevie G.

Lange's role was to ensure continuity. We have a whole load of promising youngsters - are arguably too many wide players. Then we appoint Stevie G - who doesn't utilise wide players - and has no record of promoting youth. 

It would seem the sporting director was bypassed in probably the most important decision.

Maybe Lange will be happy with a less prominent role. Who knows.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Except when barkley got on the pitch he didn't put in any effort or show any heart. He got angry when he came off but showed no passion on the pitch. He was lazy and didn't work. 

I think that's bullshit. He was just out of form and struggled without Jack who was creating so much space for him centrally. When we go to AEG from Jack it was a massive drop off in creativity. 

4 hours ago, thunderball said:

Football Insider has Sanson being told to find another club, and his failure raising questions over Lange.

🤣🤣🤣  Never known a more inappropriate name for a website. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I think that's bullshit. He was just out of form and struggled without Jack who was creating so much space for him centrally. When we go to AEG from Jack it was a massive drop off in creativity. 

But AEG was dropped for Barkley despite being in the form of his life.

I think your memory is playing tricks on you.

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

played well on balance.

Will get dropped again next week.

McGinn will ofc never be dropped.

Gerrard needs a head wobble if sanson dosnt start next week. Mcginn and JJ have had enough chances how about sanson gets a fair chance he's shown more in the very low amount of minutes he's played than mcginn.

It's clearly evident mcginn has reached his ceiling as a player, sanson is far better.

Â