Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

20 hours ago, duke313 said:

He's been unlucky with injury since he signed, but definitely should have started more games.  

he's just going to end up being another French player we all had high hopes for but that have left unfilfilled or underwhelmed.

On 24/03/2022 at 10:49, villa89 said:

Obviously both Dean and Gerrard have seen enough in training to know he's not good enough. That's why he gets such little game time. He'll be sold in the summer for half what we paid for him. 

Then they are wrong. I'm sorry that's just a fact. He's looked excellent compared to the average mcginn performance whenever he's played. 

10 hours ago, peterw said:

he's just going to end up being another French player we all had high hopes for but that have left unfilfilled or underwhelmed.

We do seem to have a thing for buying French players who don’t deliver, going back to Didier Six in the 80’s David Ginola and even greats such as Mathieu Berson. We just don’t seem to have much luck integrating them into our team.

12 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

He really hasn't HAD the chance to establish himself so far and always looks capable in every his cameos.

It must be something he is not doing or doing behind the scenes as his cameos have shown nothing  that's particularly poor, one miss hit pass against Manure comes to mind.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NeilS said:

We do seem to have a thing for buying French players who don’t deliver, going back to Didier Six in the 80’s David Ginola and even greats such as Mathieu Berson. We just don’t seem to have much luck integrating them into our team.

Tbf we haven't paid a top fee for a French player. £16m is nothing in PL terms. A lot of the others have been frees or bargain basement.

He was always brought as a squad player imo. But then when he didn't player for ages the expectations of him were way, way over the top.

Sort of calibre player we need in the squad and too come off the bench. In that respect he can hold his own. A star in the PL he isn't and probably never will be.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Tbf we haven't paid a top fee for a French player. £16m is nothing in PL terms. A lot of the others have been frees or bargain basement.

He was always brought as a squad player imo. But then when he didn't player for ages the expectations of him were way, way over the top.

Sort of calibre player we need in the squad and too come off the bench. In that respect he can hold his own. A star in the PL he isn't and probably never will be.

That's silly. He was probably a top 3 player for a champions league team less than 2 seasons ago. His manager quit because he got sold and replaced. He was valued at 40 million 12 months before we bought him, and was only sold so cheaply due to the collapse of the French television deal. 

48 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

That's silly. He was probably a top 3 player for a champions league team less than 2 seasons ago. His manager quit because he got sold and replaced. He was valued at 40 million 12 months before we bought him, and was only sold so cheaply due to the collapse of the French television deal. 

Ok then.

Right now he is a fringe player for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Can people please stop saying that Sanson being sold is the reason that Villas Boas quit? The club was in financial turmoil, the fans set fire to buildings at the training ground (IIRC) and the general atmosphere at the club was terrible. Selling Sanson might have annoyed him a bit but it is not the only reason that AVB quit.

It was more a case of AVB saying "Hm, I do like hanging around on the south coast of France, but I could do without the constant possibility of some head case knifing me on the way home after dinner in one of these fantastic restaurants some night. I'm off."

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Absolutely stinks of a Veretout scenario if we were to let him go. He's class. 

Agreed, he has to have a proper look at him surely, unless of course he has his MF lineup in his head and deals are likely to happen. Sort of Coutihno type level players, who knows, exciting times.

57 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Football Insider has Sanson being told to find another club, and his failure raising questions over Lange.

Football insider ran the same story last year too but it was Smith not lange who was under question 

They said the owners thought sanson wasnt better than Hourihane 

• Like 1

On 26/03/2022 at 06:55, tinker said:

It must be something he is not doing or doing behind the scenes as his cameos have shown nothing  that's particularly poor, one miss hit pass against Manure comes to mind.

I think we're forgetting his reactions when not being pulled off the bench. If my memory is correct, I think there have been a couple of incidents where he has threw his toys out the pram. It has to be an attitude thing, because, let's be honest, aside from the terrible back pass, he hasn't looked that bad at all when he's been given a chance.

It's strange though, because when SG came in, I remember distinctly him saying that the slate had been wiped clean in regard to Sansom. 

• Like 1

If two managers don't rate him then you can't really argue. He's looked tidy when i've seen him but guess there is more to it than that. 

I want my players to want to be playing and to not be happy sitting on the bench and fight for their place. When his error against United cost us a goal and he was subbed off I want him to be annoyed with himself and not having a chance to put it right. 

If we have nice players sitting there happy to take the salary and not that bothered if they play a lot or not. Then we're going nowhere of we have those players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Xela said:

If two managers don't rate him then you can't really argue. He's looked tidy when i've seen him but guess there is more to it than that. 

He was injured for essentially the entirety of Deanos reign. So you can't say he didn't rate him. Plus Ramsey has emerged as a real talent too and none of the midfield three we use has been injured this season unlike Sanson. 

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I want my players to want to be playing and to not be happy sitting on the bench and fight for their place. When his error against United cost us a goal and he was subbed off I want him to be annoyed with himself and not having a chance to put it right. 

If we have nice players sitting there happy to take the salary and not that bothered if they play a lot or not. Then we're going nowhere of we have those players.

I do agree thats the attitude I prefer but some players cant win. I think Barkley did similar last season and was moaned at on here

Â