Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

If I was Sanson I'd be handing in a transfer request Monday morning.

I shouldn’t imagine there’ll be much interest. There’s a reason why he is not getting picked. Dean and Gerrard clearly think we have better options. Maybe the two incredibly highly paid managers who see him every day know a bit more than us fans.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

I shouldn’t imagine there’ll be much interest. There’s a reason why he is not getting picked. Dean and Gerrard clearly think we have better options. Maybe the two incredibly highly paid managers who see him every day know a bit more than us fans.

Means nothing his football does the talking that's what counts never good to keep playing players not performing while others perform simple as that for me.

• Like 2

We aren't going to get into Europe and we aren't going to get relegated, to me that signals a good time to try and rotate our team and try a few different combinations.

Bailey and Chuk haven't yet had enough opportunities for us to pass judgement.

Sanson and Buendia have shown enough to show that they should get more pitch time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

You can still make a change, give him a rest and bring him on later if required.

I'd love to see McGinn come on fresh either when chasing a goal or trying to protect a lead. Imagine him bursting forward and swivelling around tired opposition players.

51 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Not much point being on VillaTalk then, is there? Or even VillaTalk existing at all?

I lived in Manchester for a while during the Fergie years and this whole “What do we know? The boss knows best” line was the standard response whenever any brave soul questioned formation / selection / recruitment etc.

I always thought it was kind of belittling to muzzle every alternative opinion – even with a manager who won the league most years. Pretty sure we’re allowed to question Villa bosses. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AV82 said:

Surely he's in contention to replace McGinn? Why is McGinn consistently un-droppable?

Was article in People today about McGinn.

"There's not many better people than John McGinn. I've been in the game an awfully long time and he is a really infectious character for the group, good on and off the pitch. John is the glue to everything that is good about Aston Villa.

100% he is very important to everyone at the club.

We use the phrase "all in" with John because he gives his all to the cause. He'll die for you on the pitch. He commits everything, he is a proper team player and he's got immense quality in there as well.

I would have loved to have player alongside him because when you look around that dressing room and go on the frontline, you'd want John McGinn alongside you.

I don't want to over-praise John but he has been absolutely brilliant."

S.Gerrard (March 2022).

So he's not going to be dropped for Sanson anytime soon unless Gerrard finds he has some Ukrainian ancestory and asks him to go fight in Kiev on his day off.

Being serious I also think Gerrard feels Sanson isn't someone to put on if we're chasing a game given his sub cameos so far have been when we've been leading in games and I get that even though he could chip in with 4-5 a season at Marseille.

I'd start him v Arsenal though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

Clubs in France will take him back but feel we'll have to loan him out first.

On 13/03/2022 at 14:30, M_Afro said:

I don’t think their pay is really a good indicator of anything. Plenty of managers have been shite but well paid. I agree, we don’t get to see everything that happens behind closed doors. However, Sanson has played well in his appearances which is ultimately what matters. You’d think that would count for something. Especially when we have players out of form, like Ramsey.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

With Douglas Luiz looking doubtful for Arsenal after he was decapitated on Sunday, could this be Morgan's chance?

Hope so and probably a good game for him to come into. The arsenal style would suit him to play against. 

Viva la Sanson!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, maqroll said:

Preece says Sanson likes the direction Villa is going and wants to fight for his place.

If true, it's what you want to hear from any player.

He  must REALLY like fighting!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, maqroll said:

Preece says Sanson likes the direction Villa is going and wants to fight for his place.

If true, it's what you want to hear from any player.

Thats the attitude i love to hear unlike targett

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats the attitude i love to hear unlike targett

Targett was told he would not be first choice with Digne coming in on triple his wages 

Is a difference 

• Like 1

On 16/03/2022 at 01:16, Aston_Villan4 said:

I don’t think their pay is really a good indicator of anything. Plenty of managers have been shite but well paid. I agree, we don’t get to see everything that happens behind closed doors. However, Sanson has played well in his appearances which is ultimately what matters. You’d think that would count for something. Especially when we have players out of form, like Ramsey.

But he hasn't? He's done okay in all of his sub appearances but I've seen nothing to suggest he'd be an improvement to our starters. Gerrard seems to agree and I reckon if Smith were still here, so would he.

Saying Ramsey is out of form is ridiculous. The guy scored a goal against West Ham and should've had an assist after a fantastic dribble through several defenders and put the ball on a plate for Coutinho. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Targett was told he would not be first choice with Digne coming in on triple his wages 

Is a difference 

So if digne was playing poorly,  targett wouldnt play? I dont think that would be the case in that scenario 

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So if digne was playing poorly,  targett wouldnt play? I dont think that would be the case in that scenario 

I bet Steven would have turned to Young if Digne wasn't available or poor form. For me, it was obvious Steven just didn't rate Targett. 

5 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

For me, it was obvious Steven just didn't rate Targett. 

Yep, if you make it your priority to go and spend big on a new LB, the writing's on the wall.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 2

Â