Covid outbreak Jan 2021

NurembergVillan

37 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Not sure. I didn't like him from the start.  

But i guess for people who did....

Always thought he was a prick but good to see in recent months that other people copping onto his act

30 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

Just seen that Calvert-Lewin is injured with a hamstring, almost certainly out of our game 

Good time to play them then. Allan and Doucoure are also 1 yellow from a ban. So if it goes ahead here's hoping at least one of them picks up a card Vs Wolves.

48 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If Parker wasn't aware of this possibility Saturday afternoon, after we'd played that line up Friday night, then he's a **** idiot

I’m sure Fulham were well aware in reality. Unfortunately Klopp, Mourinho and Pep set the tone in the premier league these days that you MUST now complain in the press about any disadvantage or minor inconvenience to your team, real or imaginary, so everybody knows how hard done by you are and that there is a secret agenda against your team 🥱

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Tottenham getting Man City in the cup draw would be helpful to us.

No joy, they've both been handed pretty straightforward routes to the 6th round. Hardest possible fixture is Everton for Spurs.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

No joy, they've both been handed pretty straightforward routes to the 6th round. Hardest possible fixture is Everton for Spurs.

Can see Everton winning that. They nulified Spurs pretty well on the opening day when they won there and will surely take FA cup pretty seriously.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ender4 said:

which means players come back well rested for the rest of the season.

I should really post this in the title winning thread 🙂

Having covid is nothing at all like being "well rested".

Some of our players will absolutely have longer term effects. Even if those effects are just fatigue. There's no way our whole squad can get covid and all come back as fit and raring to go as they were beforehand. 

This is really bad news for us and there's no way to escape that fact.

Let's just hope the effects aren't TOO bad for TOO many of our players or else we could be in some serious trouble again. Thank goodness we have already won a fair few games is all I can say.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Some of our players will absolutely have longer term effects. Even if those effects are just fatigue. There's no way our whole squad can get covid and all come back as fit and raring to go as they were beforehand. 

Let's just hope the effects aren't TOO bad for TOO many of our players or else we could be in some serious trouble again. Thank goodness we have already won a fair few games is all I can say.

Agree

My 12 year old has had a cough for 4 months and pre Christmas was struggling to do any form of sport in the cold weather due to coughing, Dr's convinced he has had covid (his 2 best mates did so fair chance he did) but had no initial major symptoms but long term effects have been worse and that they have started to see this in several cases

6 hours ago, One For The Road said:

I thought a lot of people can catch covid without any symptoms at all which is why its spreading so rapidly.  It could be a case of the players not even knowing if they weren't tested on a regular basis.

edit: I do agree that it will impact our players though and it’s very unlikely we get anything from the next 2 games. Tbf it’s unlikely we would have get anything from city game even if fully fit. 

Hopefully the majority of players can be fit for Burnley.  These are the games we need to win.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Well in fairness some Villa fans wanted the same vs Newcastle 

yeah me

my thoughts at the time (and even now still tbf) is that if the PL was to do an investigation and find that Newcastle hadnt followed guidelines then they should be punished, they should be able to find a source for it, its not a coincidence that 10+ players get it, its someone doing something that they shouldn't have, we're in the same boat now, if you could prove or at least very close to it that our outbreak has come from a NYE party then we would deserve a punishment

i have sympathy for spurs fans who want to see an easy win but as soon as you let Newcastle off the hook then everything is out of the window, whats good for the goose is good for the gander, the PL have **** up big time and as @Genie i think said in the other covid thread its absolute madness that the PL has let this happen based on what happened last season, they're seemingly still making it up as they go along rather than spending the summer chiseling covid rules in to a rock, case by case basis and having a think about what to do and desperately rescheduling everyone in order to fit every game in? its nonsense, newcastle, man city and us should all have been told put any kind of a team out or forfeit 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

yeah me

my thoughts at the time (and even now still tbf) is that if the PL was to do an investigation and find that Newcastle hadnt followed guidelines then they should be punished, they should be able to find a source for it, its not a coincidence that 10+ players get it, its someone doing something that they shouldn't have, we're in the same boat now, if you could prove or at least very close to it that our outbreak has come from a NYE party then we would deserve a punishment

i have sympathy for spurs fans who want to see an easy win but as soon as you let Newcastle off the hook then everything is out of the window, whats good for the goose is good for the gander, the PL have **** up big time and as @Genie i think said in the other covid thread its absolute madness that the PL has let this happen based on what happened last season, they're seemingly still making it up as they go along rather than spending the summer chiseling covid rules in to a rock, case by case basis and having a think about what to do and desperately rescheduling everyone in order to fit every game in? its nonsense, newcastle, man city and us should all have been told put any kind of a team out or forfeit 

While I agree with you about parties.  It was when the Government allowed families to mix at Christmas and its not just players that mix at training grounds then are we now surprised there is a mass outbreak?

I think the next few weeks are going to see more games off through nobodies fault.

18 hours ago, troon_villan said:

Martinez, Konsa, Mings, Cash, Luiz, Targett, Grealish, McGinn, Ghazi, Barkley, Watkins and 2 more undisclosed.

Christ, is that from a reliable source? 

The whole first team squad basically. 

If any have longer term Covid symptoms we could be really buggered.  Hopefully being fit as fiddles they will be able to brush it off. 

Anyone know if any Newcastle players are still out of their squad? Bruce said some were hit hard. 

Â