Covid outbreak Jan 2021

NurembergVillan

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Get ready for our game in hand fixtures to be dropped on us when the time comes..

exactly. FA cup 4th round weekend is a logical date for newcastle game but don't put it past the PL to land it upon us at a moments notice

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Get ready for our game in hand fixtures to be dropped on us when the time comes..

I'm going to bet we find out more than 2 days away from playing it.

4 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

City was already announced wasn't it. Newcastle I am fine as even with 6 months preparation Brucey will still be unprepared 😂

1 minute ago, OxfordVillan said:

Sorry, can’t get my head around how ppl think this is so unfair to Fulham. They played Saturday (local game at QPR), and they’re being asked to play Wednesday evening (local game at Spurs). They’ve had Sunday to rest. They can now prepare for the Spurs game this afternoon, tomorrow, and Wednesday morning. It’s not like they’re being asked to field 16 & 17yr olds in a hastily put together team who haven’t played in 4wks, is it?

This, 100%.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AVFC44 said:

Have to admit that (long term effects aside), this may have worked out perfectly for us, depending on who was effected by the virus.

Not ideal preparation/training for Everton game given the 10 isolation ends on Saturday?..

4 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Sorry, can’t get my head around how ppl think this is so unfair to Fulham. They played Saturday (local game at QPR), and they’re being asked to play Wednesday evening (local game at Spurs). They’ve had Sunday to rest. They can now prepare for the Spurs game this afternoon, tomorrow, and Wednesday morning. It’s not like they’re being asked to field 16 & 17yr olds in a hastily put together team who haven’t played in 4wks, is it?

I get it because it’s a new opponent. At the same time they played a second string side and have had a few weeks off already. It’s not a ridiculous decision. Just not ideal.

1 minute ago, OxfordVillan said:

sunday wouldn't have been a rest day though. it's probably when they'd have been at the training ground analysis room, watching spurs set pieces etc. this morning's training session (if there even was one) would've been a light session with the view to a game this weekend, not wednesday, and against different opposition. their whole schedule would've been altered.

the whole situation is unfair. i don't see how the game wednesday HAS to go ahead. they should've postponed it and figured it out later. if this was united/city/chelsea/liverpool there's no way they'd have made them play with 2 days notice. it's fine though, cause it's little old fulham who are going down anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

It sets a precedent. Being told 2 days before the game at 12pm isn't something I would want for Villa. Mourinho's rant about fixtures has in essence worked. Fulham then have to play Chelsea on Saturday.

Point is this should have been sorted / arranged last week when it was clear about our outbreak.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

sunday wouldn't have been a rest day though. it's probably when they'd have been at the training ground analysis room, watching spurs set pieces etc. this morning's training session (if there even was one) would've been a light session with the view to a game this weekend, not wednesday, and against different opposition. their whole schedule would've been altered.

the whole situation is unfair. i don't see how the game wednesday HAS to go ahead. they should've postponed it and figured it out later. if this was united/city/chelsea/liverpool there's no way they'd have made them play with 2 days notice. it's fine though, cause it's little old fulham who are going down anyway.

Exactly! I bet you it's going to happen to us. And as you say not to the big 6.

Â