Covid outbreak Jan 2021

NurembergVillan

2 hours ago, darrenm said:

There's increasing evidence that vitamin D is a big protector against not just COVID but other diseases.

If football players are training outside almost every day, it could be a reason why there's so many asymptomatic cases as a proportion. 

Good and interesting point. It could also explain why darker skinned people seem to get disproportionally sicker from Covid19 infections (other circumstances counted for), as dark skin "protects" better from the body's own vitamin D production due to sun exposure.

Scott Parker point about the league is spot on, they only found out 9.30 yesterday morning when they knew we had a serious issue last Thursday. For the self proclaimed Greatest League In The World they have some clowns in the administration part of it

• Like 1

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/wolves/super-league-premier-league-coronavirus-nuno-b1785613.html?fbclid=IwAR1sslUQfPQUC5lo6NasQU1FA3P-CpZ2xOY-mmsdu0LRPItEzY4y2aOFWMw

"If we stop everything will change. A new football will come, probably with a Super League, probably with other competitions. It'll be a matter of which clubs will survive. It's a tough decision to make."

This article form an interview with Nuno is very interesting. I think he's right, if we pause we won't get to restart the season and if this season doesn't get completed then I think we'll see clubs fold on the lost revenues and others take advantage of the chaos to change the game.

If this season gets paused, I think it might be the last season of football in its current format - that's why everyone is so desperate to keep playing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Scott Parker point about the league is spot on, they only found out 9.30 yesterday morning when they knew we had a serious issue last Thursday. For the self proclaimed Greatest League In The World they have some clowns in the administration part of it

Parker should stop bitching about it. Spurs only knew the original game was off 2 hours before kick off. Games have in the past been re arranged at short notice in the past due to weather, floodlight failures etc.  He should see as an opportunity to get the game back in hand before the next inevitable  shut down.

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Parker should stop bitching about it. Spurs only knew the original game was off 2 hours before kick off. Games have in the past been re arranged at short notice in the past due to weather, floodlight failures etc.  He should see as an opportunity to get the game back in hand before the next inevitable  shut down.

have games really been arranged on 2 days notice before for them reasons, i find it unlikely

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

have games really been arranged on 2 days notice before for them reasons, i find it unlikely

Maybe not in the PL but in the champions league there was an issue I think with a game called off due to fog (I want to say Man Utd against a turkish team - I'm too lazy to look it up) and it was played the next night. I'm pretty sure this also happened a couple of other times.

The PSG game this season against Bashakshehir - Erdogan FC was abandoned due to the racist comments from the Linesman and played the next night.

Now those two instances make perfect sense because the teams are already there and it's more practical to play the next night than travel again for a rescheduled fixture in two weeks. In this instance, it also strikes me as common sense has been applied. They have been asked to travel to the opposite corner of London, it's not like a game against Newcastle has been crowbarred in. They could have been told earlier, that is true but I don't find it an unreasonable decision.

10 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Maybe not in the PL but in the champions league there was an issue I think with a game called off due to fog (I want to say Man Utd against a turkish team - I'm too lazy to look it up) and it was played the next night. I'm pretty sure this also happened a couple of other times.

The PSG game this season against Bashakshehir - Erdogan FC was abandoned due to the racist comments from the Linesman and played the next night.

Now those two instances make perfect sense because the teams are already there and it's more practical to play the next night than travel again for a rescheduled fixture in two weeks. In this instance, it also strikes me as common sense has been applied. They have been asked to travel to the opposite corner of London, it's not like a game against Newcastle has been crowbarred in. They could have been told earlier, that is true but I don't find it an unreasonable decision.

Playing a game the next night is quite a bit different to a new match being squeezed into the schedule at 2 days notice.

I do have some sympathy with Fulham, in the sense that this decision could've been made last week. On the other hand, this rearrangement is only necessary because they already had this match postponed because of their own outbreak at much shorter notice.

Everyone just needs to be prepared for flexibility if the season is going to be finished on time, which is starting to sound increasingly important for the survival of football as we know it. It wouldn't hurt the PL to make decisions more quickly though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Loving the instagram stuff with the players all training in their back gardens! :)

Douglas Luiz needs to invest in some floodlights. Looks like he’s moved from the city centre apartment now. Hopefully, a small but positive sign 🤞

Edited by villan-scott

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

It’s all just becoming a big mess now. If Sunday is off then we’re heading towards a humongous fixture pile up. Something has got to give. 

As others have pointed out, can't those just be played on FA Cup, EFL Cup, and European nights etc?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As others have pointed out, can't those just be played on FA Cup, EFL Cup, and European nights etc?

Yep, I think as long we're not talking about games featuring teams that are in European competition it's still pretty much okay.

• Like 1

Â