Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Burnley

limpid

Match Polls  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/12/20 at 23:59

51 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

28 shots and one maybe 2 from your £33m striker. totally anonymous 2nd half. why were all the decent chances falling to el ghazi who proved why he's out of the side?

Because he was busting his arse to get into those positions in the first place

• Like 1

For me, the performance showed just how far we've come. That was quite a poor line up on paper yet we absolutely dominated an established top flight team.

It also shows how far we have to go to in developing a quality squad. We had no-one to come on and make a difference. Given the line up I would have been happy with a point before the game. Given the nature of our performance I'm as frustrated as everyone else that we couldn't stick it in the onion bag.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Special mention to Hause for playing as well as he did given the fact I'd given him stick pre match. I wasn't the only one either.

Fair play to him.  He did well.

Agreed, I'm eating a bit of humble pie myself. Konsa walks straight back in, of course, but he did better than I expected.

Does Ben Mee actually have diplomatic immunity or just naked photos of every Premier League ref? Scythes down Grealish in full flight, raises his boot to Watkins’ chin (to smash the ball into his face), then goes back in to nail Jack’s ankle because, hey, why the hell not when you can do what you like with impunity??? Poulsen never even has a “quiet word” with him – let alone going to his pocket. Heaven forbid! This is Ben “played the ball” Mee, after all!! Can someone PLEASE add Neil Cutler to the January squad list with the sole task of playing one jaw-droppingly brutal minute at Turf Moor. I will then officially count this season as a success, no matter what else happens.

• Like 4

Incredibly frustrating. Maybe it’s the point we should have finished with on Saturday and we took tonight’s three points then. Or not because I don’t believe in that rubbish but you get the point.

Voted McGinn MOTM - thought he was very composed in the middle tonight. 

Hause, Nakamba and Elmo did well coming in. El Ghazi will probably get a load of abuse that he doesn’t deserve, just wasn’t his night in front of goal in amongst a couple of admittedly weak efforts.

We win that game 99 times out of 100. Roll on Sunday with some rested legs to come back.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Do you not think he’d be devestating with two good wingers outside of him as a #10? He’s brilliant on the left because he’s matured as a footballer and he’s so good that he’d be our best player in any position. 

Im not against him playing on the left, I would just love us to sign two decent wingers outside of him. 

Yes. Agreed. Even on the left he plays as a wide 10 as opposed to a strict 11 anyway. With two aggressive wingers or wide forwards who have pace he'll be even more sensational. With Barkley being in the squad I think it mitigates Jack being on the left. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Special mention to Hause for playing as well as he did given the fact I'd given him stick pre match. I wasn't the only one either.

Fair play to him.  He did well.

Definitely. His heading was finding our own players too. Excellent performance. 

• Like 1

Not Jack bashing, as he was clearly pissed off at the end, but he should of saved his frustrations for the dressing room not the camera that he could clearly see in front of him, wrong time and place.

5 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

The players finishing was abysmal today.  Truly shocking.

What Ive learnt from today:

1. Watkins is not good enough for this level

2. El Ghazi is not good enough for this level

3. Traore needs more time to adjust but does not look good enough for this level

4. The game was crying out for an attacking player who can shoot/score yet out best goalscoring player on the bench stayed there

5. Dean Smith still does not know or does not have the balls to change things

Yes, the players missed a lot of chances, and should be ashamed of some that were missed.  But players have off days in front of goal from time to time.

What really gets me is that Burnley never really looked dangerous and we were creating chances.  Dean Smith needs to pick up on this, and introduce fresh players earlier.

If we introduce Hourihane for El Ghazi, Traore or Nakamba at 60 minutes, I'd stake my house on him creating a goal or scoring one.  Ramsey could have come in and created something, hell, he was good enough to start last week so its not like the manager does not rate hit.

Davis was brought on and plauyed right wing... I mean WTAF? Why not put 2 up top? Why not play a narrow 3 in midfield, with jack in the hole behind 2 strikers?  Why not do something different for once?  We are the most one dimensional, single plan team i've ever seen.  Its depressing.

Dean Smith infamously said that the team mirrors the manager.  Clearly he is a toothless, unimaginative, clueless lump imaginable.

Major signings needed in Jan for me.  Not sure we've progressed or just been a bit luckier...

He made Klopp say "wow".

7 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

3. Traore needs more time to adjust but does not look good enough for this level

4. The game was crying out for an attacking player who can shoot/score yet out best goalscoring player on the bench stayed there

Yes, the players missed a lot of chances, and should be ashamed of some that were missed.  But players have off days in front of goal from time to time.

What really gets me is that Burnley never really looked dangerous and we were creating chances.  Dean Smith needs to pick up on this, and introduce fresh players earlier.

If we introduce Hourihane for El Ghazi, Traore or Nakamba at 60 minutes, I'd stake my house on him creating a goal or scoring one.  Ramsey could have come in and created something, hell, he was good enough to start last week so its not like the manager does not rate hit.

Davis was brought on and plauyed right wing... I mean WTAF? Why not put 2 up top? Why not play a narrow 3 in midfield, with jack in the hole behind 2 strikers?  Why not do something different for once?  We are the most one dimensional, single plan team i've ever seen.  Its depressing.

Dean Smith infamously said that the team mirrors the manager.  Clearly he is a toothless, unimaginative, clueless lump imaginable.

Major signings needed in Jan for me.  Not sure we've progressed or just been a bit luckier...

I don’t even know where to start!!...🙄

9 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

FFS mate. 

• Like 1

Â