Ratings & Reactions: Wolves v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

265 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/12/20 at 23:59

Up the Villa 

A good battling performance and a little back-to-basics was very much needed. Well done Dean Smith.

I thought Villa were the better team for most of the match until the Dogheads started to get more into our half after about sixty minutes or so.

Many of our players could have been MOTM but this is a team game and they all put a good shift in.

Again just commented in the Grealish thread but he instantly attracts two to three opposing players every time he gets the ball and yet is still one of the best players on the pitch.

Grealish, McGinn and Targett linked up really well but Villa should be looking to expose the space quickly from the opposition getting attracted to Grealish. Luiz (and Grealish) should be looking for this option more and learn to exploit it.

Gave El Ghazi MOTM for his cool penalty.

Ramsey looked good too on his debut, hopefully he can use this experience wisely and learn.

Cash impressed again, what a tenacious player!

Watkins looked good today too and gave Cody a tough game.

Traore is a little Yin Yang, some impressive runs and neat touches but yet at times the ball seems to bounce off him. 

We are due to give another team a good thorough spanking at some point soon, hopefully it's Burnley on Thursday?

happy kenneth williams GIF

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Do you know which country eats tapas? It doesn't appear that you do! Also tapas is good.

Oh FFS here we go. Racist, Fascits, English bastards hurt my knowledge of geography foodies! 

**** tough crowd. Jesus wept! 

Martinez is superb. So nice to have a clean sheet again. 

Who said villa played better away from home because the fans weren't there? :D it seems we're rubblish at villa park whether we're there or not. 

glad that luiz and cash will be fresh for the west brom game though. Elmo in for a game on thursday is reliable enough. Whoever replaces Luiz will be the big decision. Probably would go with conor for that one. 

lovely for AEG to grab the winner. 

Overall I thought we were solid enough, and were competitive in a tight game, we got the break this time and I will toast to that. 

7 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Who the F voted for for Very Good or even good for Referees performance?

There is no way that some of those cards should have been given and yet he still missed a few by Wolves players.

Ok, own up. Which one of you on here is Mike Dean?

• Haha 1

Chuffed to bits with the three points, would have happily taken a point after the sending off. Martinez looks so composed which must give the back four confidence.

Ref was abysmal, seems like any sort of contact now leads to a booking. 

I missed the game. I hear He gave out 11 yellow cards, 2 reds and a penalty. I missed the lap of honour for His 3,000th as well. I’m hoping MOTD will have Him on first this week?

Shame to have missed it. Missed a few of His games this season but I’ll check who He has next and will make sure I tune in. Maybe it’s time to buy this year’s kit and get MD stitched into it (of course, who else lol although I hate being accused of being a glory supporter). Haven’t bought His kit for a while so I think it’s time.

UTMD

(I’m pretty sure this is what he thinks happens)

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Every time Villa win a game 1-0 away from home when maybe we were a bit lucky it reminds of me Richard Rufus scoring an OG when we beat Charlton 1-0. I don't know why that game sticks out in my memory so much, but I think of it every time we win an away game 1-0.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/red-faced-rufus-sees-villa-reign-1.228177

And maybe the game where Ian Taylor scored against Liverpool at Anfield and rubbed his head. That was a good one too. These matches are from more than 20 years ago. I thought I was young

36 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Oh FFS here we go. Racist, Fascits, English bastards hurt my knowledge of geography foodies! 

**** tough crowd. Jesus wept! 

Sheep shagging snowflake 😁.

Edited by Rolta

I thought we just about deserved that even if Martinez was the MOTM .

Jack had a bit of a stinker but we showed today we aren’t a one man team any longer .

must admit I forgot Ramsey was playing second half , but he’s an upgrade on Hourihane in terms of skill and mobility and will get more game time this season .

disgusting performance from Mike Dean , that was never a 11 yellow card game ... I think we get investigated by the FA now and will receive a fine and a warning over future conduct ?

Edited by tonyh29

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

BBC website comms also laying into him.

Yet 4 people on here thought he was "good/very good"/

You guys must be on the whisky real early.

Probably because he gave the penalty.

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

No surprise Martinez has 95% of the MOTM vote, he single-handedly kept us in it. Loved the audio of him organising the defence from a free kick in the second half, he knows exactly what he wants and is in full control. Good penalty from El Ghazi, did well to remain cool.

Probably not a popular comment but I agreed with both of Luiz's bookings, though there were too many yellows in general.

Gonna have to play Burnley without Cash or Luiz; luckily they aren't that good, but it will be a test of this very thin squad.

It may actually be good to us mentally to have a couple guys out. The rest will feel a little more pressure against "lesser" opponents. Good for motivation.

Well done Villa.......great result

Martinez superb

Great penalty

Ref absolute sh**e........competitive game but not that dirty........you would never guess that from looking at the card count.

Now, FFS, beat Burnley.👍

:flag:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I know. Women not just playing football, but also talking about it on the television. They'll be allowed to vote next.

Slippery slope mate ;)

• Like 1

Smith deserves credit today for sure, though probably should have taken Luiz off earlier before he got sent off. He does tend to make subs a bit late, but I thought his subs worked well today and were the right ones.

Big call to play Ramsey but it paid off and thought the young lad did well, nothing special but assured performance, kept it simple, wasn't an easy game for him so bodes well.

I can't stand Wolves and how insufferable they've become since they've turned into a half decent team for the first time in 60 years so great to beat them. They look toothless without Jimenez and could struggle. We were lucky to win today really but should have got points in the last 2 games and didn't so it feels like we deserve it. 

Edited by VillaFaninLondon

Â