Ratings & Reactions: Wolves v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

265 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/12/20 at 23:59

Felt a draw would probably have been fair - we should have had the first half penalty and we were the better side second half, but Wolves created the better chances.

Delighted with the three points and pleased for the unexpected hero of the hour - well done Annie.

Game pretty much ruined by Mike "Me me me" Dean who seems to have woken up thinking he was going to referee a war and made sure that the card count added up to that - he was inconsistent in his bookings and decisions and whipped out eleven yellow cards in a game that merited maybe two, He's a buffoon.

• Like 4

Ah that's a cracking result, especially under the circumstances. It's so, so nice to have a reassuring presence in goal, the decision-making and leadership Matinez shows makes such a difference, on top of the shot stopping

Balls of steel from Anwar there, was worried when I saw him taking it (because I don't want him to get more abuse), but he was nerveless. He's on BT now saying that he wasn't nervous at all because he trains them a lot and Grealish told him to take the pen, which is good leadership imo

Though Ramsey held his own in a difficult situation and he was calming things down during that little beef on the halfway near the end as well

A few beefs aside it wasn't really a bad-tempered game, if you saw the stats without seeing the game you'd be expecting a gd bloodbath

Sucks to be without Luiz and Cash, who has picked up a few daft bookings

Edited by Annoyman
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

Its lovely to snatch a game we didnt fully deserve after some of the recent travesties in results! 

I'd much rather see us lose playing well than lose playing rubbish for this very reason, gives the players the confidence to keep at it when things aren't going their way in the game. Much better that than somehow getting points on the board playing turd every week.

• Like 2

Has there ever been a more clearcut Man of the Match? What a performance from Martinez. Didn't put a foot wrong. Safe hands. Good distribution. Commanded his box.

Although if we go by the "Time Man of the Year" definition of MOTM, as in the person, good or evil, who most defined the game... then clearly it was Cock Walloper-in-Chief, Mike Dean. What a silly little man he is. Absolutely ruined the game from start to finish. Was desperate to reach his 3,000th yellow, and then get started on the race to 4,000.

A very mature performance from Jacob Ramsey. He doesn't panic on the ball, doesn't try and do anything too clever. That could be an excellent partnership with Douglas Luiz going forward, and some useful cover for when Douglas Luiz gets injured/suspended.

We've nicked the 3 points there, but great to see the players down to 10 men, still fighting for the win and getting rewarded for it. Also great to see the team spirit. A proper battling performance, a bit low on creative quality (especially from Traore, but also Grealish tbh), but we got there in the end.

One of those where there will be plenty to review and fix. The draw was the fair result, but we deserved a bit of luck after the recent run.

• Like 2

Â